PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Weather

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Weather

Postby SMUguy » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:13 pm

It's supposed to be in the low 50s and rainy tomorrow. This can be looked at two ways:

1. Run-based Mustangs thrive while pass-happy Wolf Pack struggle.
or
2. Rain induces Coach Edmondson to abandon pass plays in favor of predictable running plays, and Nevada's defense has a big day.

Which will happen? I vote for option 1.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Re: Weather

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:36 pm

I'm sure we'll have a good day Image

Postby GrapevineMustang » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:53 pm

Last time we played a gme when it was cool and cloudy/rainy, we ran up 37 points on LaTech. And Richard Bartel had a great day throwing the ball.

Don't see any reason that shouldn't happen again!

GO MUSTANGS!
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:24 pm

Kincade and Briggs will combine for 300 yards on the ground (180 or so for KK, 12 for KBriggs) and three scores.

SMU 31
Nevada 16

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:39 am

Looks like Eric Neal is getting his first start and Trent Stephenson is keeping his job as well.

<A HREF="http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/colleges/notebook/stories/110202dnspocoldate.643d1.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/colleges/notebook/stories/110202dnspocoldate.643d1.html</A>

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:19 am

win or lose, I just hope more than 5,000 come out to support the Mustangs today...although with cold, damp weather forecast, I'm afraid that's all we will have watching today's game.

I think our poor attendance and support for this team remains Bennett's biggest hurdle in recruiting. Maybe he can show film of the "Pony Express" years and SMU playing in front of 50-60,000 at Texas Stadium and convince enough kids that they can be a part of bringing some excitement back to "The Hilltop". There's just no good reason why SMU shouldn't be able to generate enough support to pack Ford Stadium every football Saturday.

Of course, the other part of the recruiting equation is to make kids believe we CAN win at SMU. Most H.S. seniors who have any awareness of SMU football know us as perennial losers. Let's hope we can get a "W" today and start the process of making believers out of our current players, recruits and our closet "fans".
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pack66Dad » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:31 pm

I'm thinking it will be a great day for the Wolf Pack offense. Everyone is healthy and ready to go. Zack should get another 300 yards passing and we should get 300 on the ground.
Is that enough to win, it all depends on which defense shows up for the Wolf Pack. If our "homestyle" defense shows we win going away 48-17. If our "roadshow" defense shows up 41-37 in a track meet.
Pack66Dad

Return to Football