PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We can only hope

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

We can only hope

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:48 am

Coach Bennett talks about how much KSU coach Snyder has influenced him. Let's hope Bennett enjoys the same success Snyder has. After going 1-10 his 1st year and having 3 losing seasons in his 1st 4 yrs at KSU, Snyder's teams have been to bowls 10 straight yrs and have won 9 or more games in 9 of those 10 yrs. I'd love to see Bennett enjoy that kind of success at SMU...and to have that kind of longevity here. With Snyder type success, he's young enough that he could become SMU's all-time winningest coach. That's something to shoot for, don't you think?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: We can only hope

Postby ClassOf81 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:40 pm

Absolutely that's something to shoot for. How old was Snyder when he took over at KState? Bennett has to be younger, and there's no reason he couldn't have the same kind of success here, unless he excels to the point that a big (and big money) school comes along and offers him a deal he can't turn down. But then again, he gives the impression that he wants to be here until his kids are through high school, at least, and by that time, who knows where we'll be, in terms of conference alignment, recruiting prowess, media visibility, etc.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:05 pm

Bennett will bring the pride and glory back to SMU just time will tell! I never got to see us be that good since I was born in 1988! It Sucks! I really think Bennett will bring it back to SMU where it should be!

------------------
Home of the 1935 National Champions! the SMU Mustangs!
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby PonyTales » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:12 pm

Born in 1988? You're making the rest of us feel old! A little quick math suggests your 14 or 15 years old now - does this mean you'll be coming to SMU in a few years? What's your allegiance to SMU? Did your parents go to SMU?
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:35 pm

yea Im 14! drive 2 hours to every home game! you can bet Ill be there at SMU on that Football Feild! yea my whole family went there expect one of my uncles. my mom my grandparents their grandparents! my uncles aunts everyone on my mom's side of the family went there and you can bet Ill be there in 4 or 5 years!

------------------
DIFFERENT TEAM! SAME SOUL! SAME GOAL! BLEED GREEN AND GOLD! GO LOBOS! WIN 2003-2004 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby NavyCrimson » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:39 pm

you're a good man 'my good man'......

we need more of your kind there!!!!!!!!

keep up the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby whatasteve » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:29 pm

Hey Mustangs35SMU, it's great to see your enthusiasm and loyalty. You say you're going to be on the field in a few years? What position do you play? What high school do you (or will you) play at?

Give us a scouting report on yourself, so we can start working on your profile. We can also start throwing information on other boards about how TCU, Texas, etc are all over you, but you only want what's best for you - SMU.

Trying to figure out when you graduate - you'll be in the Signing Day class of ... 2006?
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:55 pm

I graduate in 2007
Ill be goin to Longview High School GO LOBOS!!
and Ill most likely play lineman

------------------
Mustangs35SMU

Postby MustangFan » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:31 pm

Get yourself in the weightroom, young PonyFan. We expect you to be about 6'7", 310 pounds when you get here!
MustangFan
All-American

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:08 pm

and you better be working on that 40 time...6'7" 310lbs and a 4.6 sounds reasonable Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football