PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

John Hampton

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

John Hampton

Postby leadpony » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:44 pm

what a stud!
leadpony
Recruit

Re: John Hampton

Postby Lotus » Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:50 pm

Um ... right.

Has anyone heard how his workouts for scouts went? How fast he ran the 40? How many times he benched 225? What feedback he's gotten, if any, about getting drafted or going as a free agent?
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby Pony Up » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:47 pm

Heard a guy on the radio the other day saying Hampton, if he gets into the right offensive scheme, could be like Frank Wychek. Not a sprinter, but great hands and a better blocker than you might think. The guy said he thought Hampton had a real chance to make it in the NFL -- again, if he lands with the right team.
Good luck, John!
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby McAndless » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:00 am

At the SMU pro day, he ran in the 4.9-5.0 range but had better shuttle times than 40's. He did the bench 24 times. He wasn't overly thrilled about his workouts but he mentioned his position drills went great.I heard he had some other workouts but I don't know how they went. I agree he will thrive in the right offense, but when I asked him the other day how the draft looks, he was still unclear if getting drafted was likely. Nonetheless, he can still get a free agent deal with the right team which would turn out better than getting drafted by a team that wouldn't be his best option. Regardless, he will graduate in May, so whatever he does, Best of Luck Hamp.
McAndless
Junior Varsity

Return to Football