PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Anyone know yet how Scmooo will stop future NFL RB EVANS ?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Anyone know yet how Scmooo will stop future NFL RB EVANS ?

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:29 pm

How you gonna stop future Hall of Fame NFL RB ZAK EVANS ? Anyone know that yet ?

And if you load up on the run, who is going to defend the two outside WRs who are both 6'5" with speed ?

And....how do you then stop Pre-Season All American WR Darius Davis (slot receiver) who is fastest guy on team with 4.28 speed.

Just curious.

BUELLER ?
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Re: Anyone know yet how Scmooo will stop future NFL RB EVANS

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Cal seemed to do a pretty decent job on these so called "hall of fame" purple toads!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Schmoo doesn't have anywhere near the level of defensive talent that CAL has. CAL defense is the best defense TCU will see all year long.

CAL offense is why CAL struggled a bit in their earlier games. Their defense is sturdy and would match up with any SEC team.

NO WAY SCHMOOO HAS ANYWHERE NEAR THE DEFENSIVE TALENT OF CAL !!

CAL's offense is not good, but they found one of TCU's CBs who was no good and went BOMBS AWAY on him and it worked over and over again.

TCU's #9 got torched worse than I have ever seen any CB get roasted in a college football game.

We all hope he isn't out there again this week.
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby Caballo » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Is this the same vaunted Golden Bear defense that gave up 22 points to Nevada at home, in a loss? They did rebound for a win at home against Sacramento State, where they gave up 30 points. Not sure that will be the best defense the frog faces this year. We might not be the best, but surely OU or even Kansas will field a better D.
Caballo
All-American

Postby CJPONY16 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:27 pm

Can anyone find where Derius Davis was an all american? This guy is just making [deleted] up at this point. Hes TCUs second leading WR with 5 catches for 86 yards, 57 of which came against Duquesne.
CJPONY16
Junior Varsity

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Im wondering if you will apologize when you are proven to be a dope ?

https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/7/1/davis ... onors.aspx

CJPONY16 wrote:Can anyone find where Derius Davis was an all american? This guy is just making [deleted] up at this point. Hes TCUs second leading WR with 5 catches for 86 yards, 57 of which came against Duquesne.
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm

NEVADA has a future NFL QB and their offense is really good. It sputters sometimes due to OLinemen at Nevada but that QB if given time is deadly !! I don't know a thing about SAC ST. Cant answer that one, but OU nearly lost to TULSA and TULSA isn't good this year. OREGON nearly got beat by Fresno and OREGON beat OHIO ST so you can't really use the transactional comparison of teams.

Fact is - CAL defense is really good with really great bigtime talent. They will jell better as season goes on, but CAL has bigtime athletes on the defensive side of ball. Offense not so much but defense is SEC quality.

TCU defense is even better than CALs defense. MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER !! TCU's defense could contend for top defense in the SEC this year (minus #9). #9 on TCU personally gave up 3 TD passes to CAL and 4 long gainers. It was really ugly and he should have been pulled off the field. Have never seen a CB abused like that before.

If TCU had # 21 out there on the field instead of second string #9 the score would have been TCU 36-CAL 10.

TCU has to do something about #9. Will be curious how Frogs deal with that really obvious sore spot on defense. Rest of TCU defense is HUGELY TALENTED !!

Caballo wrote:Is this the same vaunted Golden Bear defense that gave up 22 points to Nevada at home, in a loss? They did rebound for a win at home against Sacramento State, where they gave up 30 points. Not sure that will be the best defense the frog faces this year. We might not be the best, but surely OU or even Kansas will field a better D.
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby RedRiverPony » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:20 pm

This guy is like Screamin' A Smith: IF I SHOUT SOMETHING LOUD ENOUGH AND OFTEN ENOUGH, PEOPLE WILL THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

It's called a CAPS LOCK key. Find it.

Also, maybe try some decaf.
RedRiverPony
All-American

Postby Mustang75 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Is stallion the pimple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustang75
Varsity

Postby PonyTime » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 pm

Nevada is a great team - better than TCU. Glad we are just playing the frogs.

Best way to stop your RB is to place a bag of cash on sideline w/ an SEC team logo and he will be gone by halftime.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby leopold » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:03 pm

PurplePimpleOozing wrote:Schmoo doesn't have anywhere near the level of defensive talent that CAL has. CAL defense is the best defense TCU will see all year long.

CAL offense is why CAL struggled a bit in their earlier games. Their defense is sturdy and would match up with any SEC team.

NO WAY SCHMOOO HAS ANYWHERE NEAR THE DEFENSIVE TALENT OF CAL !!

CAL's offense is not good, but they found one of TCU's CBs who was no good and went BOMBS AWAY on him and it worked over and over again.

TCU's #9 got torched worse than I have ever seen any CB get roasted in a college football game.

We all hope he isn't out there again this week.

Brother

I say this as someone who cares

Take it easy on the Wild Turkey.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CJPONY16 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:19 pm

PurplePimpleOozing wrote:Im wondering if you will apologize when you are proven to be a dope ?

https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/7/1/davis ... onors.aspx

CJPONY16 wrote:Can anyone find where Derius Davis was an all american? This guy is just making [deleted] up at this point. Hes TCUs second leading WR with 5 catches for 86 yards, 57 of which came against Duquesne.

LMAO as a punt returner. How could I have missed that?!?
CJPONY16
Junior Varsity

Postby Smumba2009 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:00 pm

Hey purple pimple... you're welcome back anytime. You've brought so much life to this blog with your ever so slightly biased guest posts. Please come again. Also, come see me in the VIP suites tomorrow. I'll be the one draped head to toe in red surrounded by long faced Horned Frogs.
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:42 pm

I guess if we more than double TCU's rushing output it becomes a moot question right?
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:44 pm

I guess the secret is out...just take the lead and take the running game out of the equation for TCU. No question Evans is a stud, but we have some of those, too.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Next

Return to Football