PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nice article about Eric Dickerson

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nice article about Eric Dickerson

Postby EastStang » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:39 pm

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/pro-football-101-rams-running-back-eric-dickerson-is-92nd-on-the-all-time-list

Still holds the single season rushing record for NFL. With added 17 game not sure that will last much longer.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Nice article about Eric Dickerson

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm

HILARIOUS article a year or so ago that made it onto the TCU football bulletin board because it was so dammm funny to TCU folks.

DICKERSON told a reporter that sometimes can't sleep wondering how in the hellll TCU got into a Power 5 Conference and SMU got left out - when he considered TCU to be a doormat when he played.

He says he still can't sleep some nights wondering what he can do and fighting the frustration he has with TCU winning Rose Bowl, going to multiple Bowls and playing in a Conference that he believes SMU should be in.

He says he loses way too much sleep over TCU and it bothers him.

TCU fans find that HILARIOUS !!

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa !! Funny stuff !!
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby RedRiverPony » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:25 pm

TCU was a doormat when he played, and well beyond. Learn your program.
RedRiverPony
All-American

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:00 pm

and.....

SMU has been a doormat for TCU ever since. Learn YOUR program !

LAST 20 YEARS

TCU WON 17
SMU WON 3

SMU is 3-17 over the past 20 yrs. I'd call that DOORMAT status.

SMU is 7-23 over the past 30 yrs. I' call that DOORMAT status.

When TCU lost a lot to SMU they were mostly pretty competitive close games. Never a blowout like 56-0 or 44-0.

However, when SMU has lost to TCU over the past 30 yrs or so, there have been MANY MANY total humiliating blowout losses. Like......

2014 56-0
2000 62-7
2004 44-0
2013 48-17
2008 48-7

LEARN YOUR PROGRAM !

PPO

RedRiverPony wrote:TCU was a doormat when he played, and well beyond. Learn your program.
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby soccermom » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Yawn.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RedRiverPony » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:06 am

PurplePimpleOozing wrote:and.....

LEARN YOUR PROGRAM !

PPO

RedRiverPony wrote:TCU was a doormat when he played, and well beyond. Learn your program.
WTF are you talking about? You expressed surprise that Dickerson thought TCU was a doormat. It was. I never made any claim about SMU was or is. I know more about my alma mater and its football program than you ever will, and whether or not you agree with me couldn't matter less. You mocked Dickerson, but he was 100% right.

But congratulations on acing your Copy and Paste class. You did a fine job going through the record book. Have a cookie.
RedRiverPony
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:55 am

Loved the part in the "Pony Excess" ESPN 30 for 30 story where they talked about everybody in the SWC paying players in the 80's and with footage of TCU added "paying players and still going 3-8. That's the definition of a loser" or something along those lines. I do remember thinking that Rice might be the SWC Champion by default with everyone else on probation...as the SEC continued to run wild and buy as many SMU players as they could after we got the death penalty!
Charleston Pony

Postby BUS » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:21 am

SEC

Surly
Everyone
Cheats

SEC
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby well travelled pony » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:27 pm

BUS wrote:SEC

Surly
Everyone
Cheats

SEC

Didn't Charles Barkley say about the sec "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying?"
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby Topper » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:42 pm

Eric is a quality guy. He made waves because he basically was the Rams offense dared ask to be paid what he was worth. The fans didn't buy tickets to see Dieter Brock or anyone else on those teams for Heaven's sake. TCU? They were absolutely the doormat at that time. Their attendance was worse than ours is now and they considered dropping football more than once. It isn't a bad school and I know some really nice people who went there. It is a shame that this board has been inundated with posts from a childish and moronic Frog fan who clearly does not lead a very balanced life. Probably someone who isn't old enough to drive and may have never set foot on the TCU campus.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:39 pm

Topper wrote:Eric is a quality guy. He made waves because he basically was the Rams offense dared ask to be paid what he was worth. The fans didn't buy tickets to see Dieter Brock or anyone else on those teams for Heaven's sake. TCU? They were absolutely the doormat at that time. Their attendance was worse than ours is now and they considered dropping football more than once. It isn't a bad school and I know some really nice people who went there. It is a shame that this board has been inundated with posts from a childish and moronic Frog fan who clearly does not lead a very balanced life. Probably someone who isn't old enough to drive and may have never set foot on the TCU campus.

They were [Deleted] when I was there (early 90s). The rare game we actually had a chance to win. I graduated, focused on career and didn't follow for a while and looked up and saw we were getting hammered by TCU and I was like WTF?!? Time to restore order and put things back on track. That program is all GP. Whenever he leaves/retires, they'll be nothing again.
ojaipony

Return to Football