PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: SMU-UCF PREDICTIONS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU-UCF PREDICTIONS

Postby Smumba2009 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Smu by 14
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:12 pm

High on the Hilltop 55
Down in the Mosquito Infested Swamp 24
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Smumba2009 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:High on the Hilltop 55
Down in the Mosquito Infested Swamp 24

Yes! Love this!
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby BIGHORSE » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:25 pm

Mustangs 42

Knights 35
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby crispy_taco » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:17 pm

As someone who watched all of J R plumlee’s time as QB and WR at ole miss, I’m worried. Saw him play live twice and he is very dangerous. If you want an idea of what he’s capable of watch the video below. I really worry about our ability to tackle him he is a crazy athlete. He doesn’t have a great arm though. I do think our offense comes out rolling. I’m thinking the turnovers go our way and we win by 10. Also wouldn’t be surprised is plumlee completely torches us with run pass options all night.

https://youtu.be/D_deHKpaaBM

This is a very bad ole miss team against national champ LSU in 2019. Albeit in kinda sorta garbage time
crispy_taco
Scout Team

Postby Smumba2009 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 pm

crispy_taco wrote:As someone who watched all of J R plumlee’s time as QB and WR at ole miss, I’m worried. Saw him play live twice and he is very dangerous. If you want an idea of what he’s capable of watch the video below. I really worry about our ability to tackle him he is a crazy athlete. He doesn’t have a great arm though. I do think our offense comes out rolling. I’m thinking the turnovers go our way and we win by 10. Also wouldn’t be surprised is plumlee completely torches us with run pass options all night.

https://youtu.be/D_deHKpaaBM

This is a very bad ole miss team against national champ LSU in 2019. Albeit in kinda sorta garbage time

Allegedly Plum runs a 4.23 40... he def has wheels. Feel like we need to play them like Navy to shut him down and force him to throw it.
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby mtrout » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:20 am

I ran a 4.23 when my mom timed me. In all seriousness Plumlee probably runs a 4.5-4.6 on planet Earth. Guys timing game film on barstool don't count. If you want to do that then Goree's 40 time is 3.5.

That being said, I agree Plumlee is a major running threat, just is not Lamar Jackson.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby peruna81 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:23 pm

mtrout wrote:I ran a 4.23 when my mom timed me. In all seriousness Plumlee probably runs a 4.5-4.6 on planet Earth. Guys timing game film on barstool don't count. If you want to do that then Goree's 40 time is 3.5.

That being said, I agree Plumlee is a major running threat, just is not Lamar Jackson.

As long as he isn't the backup QB, SMU has a chance. We have a history of getting keelhauled by backups.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Smumba2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:59 pm

mtrout wrote:I ran a 4.23 when my mom timed me. In all seriousness Plumlee probably runs a 4.5-4.6 on planet Earth. Guys timing game film on barstool don't count. If you want to do that then Goree's 40 time is 3.5.

Send your mom over, I'll get my cleats out
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby crispy_taco » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:28 pm

That being said, I agree Plumlee is a major running threat, just is not Lamar Jackson.[/quote]

Yea obviously not Lamar Jackson, but I think we’d all agree our defense can get torched by somebody far less talented than Lamar Jackson especially on the ground. Give plumlee holes to run through untouched and he WILL take it to the house
crispy_taco
Scout Team

Postby GoStangs11 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:47 am

UCF: 45

SMU: 31

cmon ponies
GoStangs11
Scout Team

Postby Roach » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:18 pm

First SMU touchdown: Tre Siggers
Mordecai: 300+ yards, 2 TD passes
Rogers: 2 FGs - 1 over 40
2 INTs (Adimora & Roberts)
Rush defense could have a long night

SMU 36, UCF 33 (OT)
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby Roach » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Smumba2009 wrote:
crispy_taco wrote:Feel like we need to play them like Navy to shut him down and force him to throw it.

Bingo.

If we keep him in check, maybe that bodes well about our future in offense: Kevin Jennings impersonated him in practice, at least some of the time
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:31 pm

Went with my heart in predicting SMU winning this one 34-30 but still have that nagging bit of reality (that our guys have not proven they can beat tough opponents on the road) so it will not surprise me at all if we lose this game...but I stand by my thinking that 3 straight losses does not mean this team's goal of playing for the AAC Championship would come to an end with a loss tonight. The schedule is favorable the rest of the year in that we get Cincy, Houston & Memphis (presumably 3 of the 4 toughest AAC opponents we will face) at Ford so winning out should earn a trip to the championship game.

My Virginia alum golfing buddy (after they lost at Duke to fall to 0-2 in ACC play and 2-3 on the season) is already saying "it's almost basketball season". I'm just not ready to adopt that attitude as that's been a November thing for me the last couple of seasons under Sonny. At least we had hope all through October until getting blown out by Cincinnati. From what I've seen so far, it looks like every AAC game, except possibly the game at USF, is likely to be a one score game so you have to believe a win tonight would do wonders for this team's confidence as they prepare for Navy, Cincy & a road trip to Tulsa to round out the October schedule.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:The schedule is favorable the rest of the year in that we get Cincy, Houston & Memphis (presumably 3 of the 4 toughest AAC opponents we will face) at Ford so winning out should earn a trip to the championship game.

What were the three toughest games going into the season may not be the three toughest games. I think Tulane will be a much tougher matchup than Houston this year.

That Thursday night road game @ Tulane at end of year may have some serious implications. I am starting to think I need to make some NOLA plans soon!
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football