PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ASU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ASU

Postby Rla1022 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:41 pm

ponyboy wrote:It’s true. The source of the rumors is a Big 12 consultant propagandist named Karen Brodkin of a firm called Endeavor.

Which makes one continue to wonder who is lying. The president of ASU
or the person that keeps saying he was in the room. Maybe FF works for the same rumor mill and is working from a script?
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby GHammond » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:33 am

The fact that this forum gives FroghieFevor any credibility is laughable…we are so hell bent on info and updates we have lost our minds. What next, someone overheard the produce Mgr at HEB talking?!?
GHammond
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:15 am

I was at a National's game in DC last fall and two Big XII AD's were there watching the game and talking between themselves that Baylor and TCU were going to jump to a Magnolia League with SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Duke, Miami, Wake Forest, Army, Navy and Air Force. I then threw up my crab cake grilled cheese sandwich so I remember it like yesterday. I will now take my tongue out of my cheek. In all respect to FF, it is possible that a representative of a PAC 12 school and a representative of a Big XII school talked to each other at a cocktail party. Was it about expansion or was it about their golf games or girlfriends? If it was about girlfriends, you can bet that the Big XII guy would tell others it was about expansion.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Topper » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:53 am

GHammond wrote:The fact that this forum gives FroghieFevor any credibility is laughable…we are so hell bent on info and updates we have lost our minds. What next, someone overheard the produce Mgr at HEB talking?!?

I agree with the moderator that Ponyfans is no place for ad hominem attacks on almost anyone. But calling out a poster for refusing to back up supposed inside information which flies in the face of reported statements by named high ranking officials is not out of place. The faceless, nameless nature of social media allows for all kinds of charlatans and attention seekers to spread false information. It is sensible to confine our discussions to known facts or at the very least label our comments as speculation when they only rise to that level.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:24 pm

IMO, and ignore me via the button should you wish, but George has been lying to the participating Presidents/Chancellors.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:57 pm

FF,

I would be careful calling someone a liar. I contrast that with the public and predatory behavior toward a fellow conference, PAC-12, by BigXII leadership and others, e.g., Baylor AD Rhoades
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Thumper » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:57 pm

Rla1022 wrote:
ponyboy wrote:It’s true. The source of the rumors is a Big 12 consultant propagandist named Karen Brodkin of a firm called Endeavor.

Which makes one continue to wonder who is lying. The president of ASU
or the person that keeps saying he was in the room. Maybe FF works for the same rumor mill and is working from a script?

I hope what the ASU prez said is true. But when the conversation is about possible realignment, I view it like the time leading up to an NFL draft: very little of what gets said publicly is accurate and complete. There might be some shards of truth worked in, but more than anything, what is said is out there for PR/spin control, to make some person or organization look good. The presidents and coaches and GMs/ADs, etc., are important, of course, but so are the PR people who write so many of the statements that get said.
Thumper
Varsity

Postby Nedward » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:37 pm

Tomorrow will be highly amusing and I hope our constantly posting and deleting his posts insider sticks around.

Oh no, webmaster might cone down on me for being mean to his drinking buddy. Sad.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby mtrout » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Forecast for tomorrow: bag of nothing
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:49 pm

Water Pony wrote:FF,

I would be careful calling someone a liar.

Fair point and good principal. I agree and thank you.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Nedward wrote:Tomorrow will be highly amusing and I hope our constantly posting and deleting his posts insider sticks around.

Oh no, webmaster might cone down on me for being mean to his drinking buddy. Sad.

PP & Webmaster never skied abv their skies. Sry you think so. I bleed blue and red (which so happens to make ... purple).

If you do not like what I have to say ignore me.

Good gosh, what have I done to upset the apple cart. Just relaying what I hear and experience as I do on Killer Frogs. Big 12 is not stable. Want me to gossip abt that?
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:05 pm

Nedward wrote:Tomorrow will be highly amusing and I hope our constantly posting and deleting his posts insider sticks around.

I delete what I regret saying. I apologize that it is of, seemingly, offense to you.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:12 pm

Look i think we can go off the commonsense principal here. The PAC as it is moving forward, is a more attractive conference than the new Big 12 for a few key reasons -
1) overall university interest/prestige etc.. - Due to Washington, Oregon, Cal and Stanford
2) eyeballs and potential eyeballs - media partners are selling advertising for a profit. Thats their business. They want access to large metropolitan markets. Thats why the Big added the largest markets they could (Houston/Cinn/Orlando) without duplicating a market (DFW). That is also why Bay area/Seattle./Salt lake/Dallas/Pheonix/Sandiego/Denver are combined of equal or greater value than the Big 12

Media partners did not run out of money - they knew what was going to be left and what it is worth. They are working it out. None of this is rocket science and it is 100% predictable.

The Big 12 probably should have brought in SMU and left Cinn out - but listened to 2 members whine and now they will be forever poached in ad time due to advertisers wanting to reach a bigger market - the west coast plus Texas has a TON more people then then the Big 12 footprint.

The Big 12 made a pretty big mistake leaving their Texas back door open -Its about to get run through.
gostangs

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:52 pm

Completely agree with gostangs. I hope that is how it plays out and the B12 will be left with egg on their face for their bad smearing campaign, for not thinking more strategically about including SMU (part of a good strategy is thinking defensively and protecting the Texas home market), and I hope will rue the day of excluding SMU for the last time. Their last invites should have been SMU, UH and two others).
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:04 pm

gostangs wrote:Look i think we can go off the commonsense principal here. The PAC as it is moving forward, is a more attractive conference than the new Big 12 for a few key reasons.

We disagree on this but that is what civilized discourse is for.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football