PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Realignment Update

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Realignment Update

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:24 am

He’s referring to Karen Brodkin of Endeavor, the sports consulting firm and B12 propaganda machine. Altimore is the one who publicly outed her as running the PAC-12 disinformation campaign. Follow him.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smubrooks » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:53 am

Any idea which B12 school he's referencing wanting to defect? Houston? BYU?
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby Cheesesteak » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:37 am

smubrooks wrote:Any idea which B12 school he's referencing wanting to defect? Houston? BYU?

He said a big AAU member. My guess is Kansas. They are an AAU member that cares about research and academics. Being with Washington, Stanford, Cal, Oregon would appeal to Kansas' leadership.
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby EastStang » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:44 am

Unfortunately, if they took KU, they'd probably have to take KSU.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby 3rdGenPony » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:10 am

I believe he did mention KU in a prior tweet.
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby PonyEnergy » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:48 pm

I'd be down for Kansas, Kansas State, SMU, and SDSU to the PAC 14...
PonyEnergy
Scout Team

Postby Topper » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:07 pm

Kansas is an AAU school but their typical SAT scores are way below SMU. Kansas State may be on par in terms of SATs with Washington State or Oregon State but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm not sure that Kansas, with only about a third of the population of the DFW metro area brings a lot of media value outside of KU basketball.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Nedward » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:57 pm

The only place KU would jump/fly to would be b10. Plus KU does not have the desire or wherewithal to break their GOR to the Pac.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby Nedward » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:07 pm

Most of that guy's take was sensible but the KU killed his credibility with me.

He's not that guy called Gold and Blue on YouTube from West VA or whatever that stated our media deal is 90 million for 10 schools. Therefore, will be no expansion because then it's 12 teams splitting 90 million.

I heart the big12karen posters.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby Topper » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:41 pm

Nedward wrote:Most of that guy's take was sensible but the KU killed his credibility with me.

He's not that guy called Gold and Blue on YouTube from West VA or whatever that stated our media deal is 90 million for 10 schools. Therefore, will be no expansion because then it's 12 teams splitting 90 million.

I heart the big12karen posters.

There are several YouTube guys who seem to spend their entire day prepping and recording broadcasts on the topic of the demise of the PAC. Have you seen those 365 guys from Waco? They are not the worst of the lot but I seriously wonder why they talk for hours every day about the PAC 12 without saying anything substantive or repeating anything other than speculation. Is there an audience of Big 12 fans who are really that interested in the topic? They don't even have credible rumor they just let unsubstantiated talk echo back and forth.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Altimore is just a business management consultant - not in the sports biz. USC and Wharton. But he’s sharp and calls out b.s.

This tweet just in, by the way, from somebody named Derek Silva:

@dereksilva1234
3h
Replying to @JWMediaDC @DavidSmoak and 2 others
“B12 hiring a PR firm to undermine another conf (if true) isn't just poor sportsmanship it impacts student-athletes and their futures. HS students, coaches & parents should be aware. It's not a conf I'd want my kid affiliated with. Good teams but dirty people.”
ponyboy

Postby GotMyESPY » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:19 am

ponyboy wrote:Altimore is just a business management consultant - not in the sports biz. USC and Wharton. But he’s sharp and calls out b.s.

This tweet just in, by the way, from somebody named Derek Silva:

@dereksilva1234
3h
Replying to @JWMediaDC @DavidSmoak and 2 others
“B12 hiring a PR firm to undermine another conf (if true) isn't just poor sportsmanship it impacts student-athletes and their futures. HS students, coaches & parents should be aware. It's not a conf I'd want my kid affiliated with. Good teams but dirty people.”

(raises hand) That would be me (@dereksilva1234). And I wholeheartedly stand by what I wrote, even if I got a number of trolls panning my comment. I do believe that a coordinated attack on the PAC12 or any other conference impacts student athletes attending and playing for those schools.

I'm not naïve and I recognize that conferences compete for athletes and millions of dollars, but I'd prefer to see them compete on the field, not on social media. Smear and disinformation campaigns are for those who can't win on other terms. Winners/Champions don't need to do it. They let the scoreboard do the talking.
GotMyESPY

Postby EastStang » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:11 am

It wasn't long ago that UT and OU were preening for the PAC 12, but the legislators let them know that OSU and TT would have to come too. That ended the discussions. Somehow, they bolted to the SEC without bringing along their baggage schools and without a blackball from the Aggies. Now the Big XII has an envy syndrome knowing they are the closest conference to relegation to G5 status. They are trying to ascend by depressing another conference. Just shows their weakness.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby gostangs » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:08 pm

Nedward wrote:The only place KU would jump/fly to would be b10. Plus KU does not have the desire or wherewithal to break their GOR to the Pac.

Agree it is the only place they would jump - but PAC wouldn't take them and the Big doesn't need them - so their top spot is the Big 12. They are the poster child for how you can be AAU but also not be a very high ranking university.
gostangs

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:01 pm

KU’s enrollment maxed out at 26999 in 2008. Last fall it was at 23872.
The vast majority of its research support is from the federal government. Farming related?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football