PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU NCAA 2004 PS2

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU NCAA 2004 PS2

Postby SmooPower » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:15 am

Wow, I just played a great game. I started a Dynasty on the default difficulty settings and won my first game against Texas Tech pretty easily, 17-0. So I was wondering if I needed to bump up the difficulty when I strolled into Baylor. I was up 6-0 at halftime but they had a long pass completion to take a 7-6 lead late in the 3rd, then added a field goal to make it 10-6. SMU offense was almost nonexistant at that point, punting like 6 times in a row. Finally in the 4th quarter Jamey Harper intercepted a pass and returned it 70 yards for a TD, 13-10 Mustangs. Baylor started driving and had the ball on my 5 yard line with 30 seconds to play when Rico Harris snatched another out of the air to seal the victory. Awesome game. Image
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby methodistmustang » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MrMustang1965:
<B>Looks like I'll be spending a little $$$ this week for this game for my PS2! I got my PS2 to get me thru the 'off season', too. Now if they'd just add Div.1-AA teams, I'd be set!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I read on the game website they added 165 new teams including some division 2 teams and of course the historical teams everyone is talking about.
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Postby Pony Nation » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:22 am

They added alot of 1-AA teams.

Atlantic 10
Gateway Conference (Home of my fave 1-AA, Western Kentucky)
Big Sky Conference
Southern Conference

They also retained the MEAC, SWAC, and Ivy League conferences.

There are plenty of 1-AA teams to choose from. It's pretty fun to play using them every now and then.

Enjoy.

------------------
Go Ponies

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." - B. C. Forbes

[This message has been edited by Pony Nation (edited 07-17-2003).]
Go Ponies<P>\"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.\" - B. C. Forbes
Pony Nation

Postby Mustang_J » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:29 am

If you guys really want to improve this game you should look into getting a roster file. EA allows you to edit the names of each player. Check out the forums on the site <A HREF="http://www.maddenmania.com" TARGET=_blank>www.maddenmania.com</A> there is a guy there "blacklover" who for the past 2 years goes through and names EVERY player on every team. All you have to do is send him your memory card and the return postage and he will copy the file onto your card. He doesn't charge anything for it and this isn't a scam. If you don't feel comfortable with him, I can probably hook you up in a few weeks.

Trust me, it makes it a whole new game. Much better to have "Bartel" at QB rather than "QB 13".

J

[This message has been edited by Mustang_J (edited 07-17-2003).]
Mustang_J

Postby Arkpony » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:04 pm

Is this game out on the PC??
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SmooPower » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:15 pm

No, they don't make it for the PC anymore.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:36 pm

Is Sam Houston State (Southland Conf.) listed in the Div.1-AA teams?

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Pony Nation » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:51 pm

No, Sam Houston State does not make an appearance on this year's game, nor does Stephen F Austin. The only 1-AA Texas schools that are on this game as far as I know are Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M.

------------------
Go Ponies

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." - B. C. Forbes
Go Ponies<P>\"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.\" - B. C. Forbes
Pony Nation

Postby wardog » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:54 pm

i went to get a copy of my own today for xbox and they were all sold out
wardog
Recruit

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:47 pm

Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M?????? OMG! Both are in the greater Houston area...but they're teams that are hardly even a blip on the radar screen for Div.1-AA football! IMO, bad choices!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby tmustangp » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:11 pm

hey pony nation.. me and two of my buddies are planning on goin to the auburn/uga game this november.. do u have any connections for tickets?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tradition Pony:
<B>Hey Pony Nation:

Are you living in Auburn now? I live north of there. Not too many Mustangs in 'Bama unfortunately.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
tmustangp
All-American

Postby SmooPower » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:29 pm

wardog -

I know some stores like Gamestop are getting second shipments tomorrow (Friday). You might want to call them up.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby Pony Nation » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:05 am

tmustangp:

Even the student tickets are sold out, I'm going to try to find a way to go. If I find some, I'll write you back.

------------------
Go Ponies

Pony Nation

Previous

Return to Football