PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tate Wallis

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tate Wallis

Postby In Tate We Trust » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:27 pm

Is there still talk of moving Tate Wallis to another position, like safety or linebacker? Or was that all speculation among fans? I still think he can play quarterback, but he has the athletic ability to play elsewhere, if needed. He's a very good all-around athlete.
In Tate We Trust
Scout Team

Re: Tate Wallis

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:18 pm

I suppose they will play out the season because Tate has experience, and going into next season, you would think that they would put more emphasis on the new recruited QBs as the backup to Bartel, and perhaps move Tate back to TE.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:19 pm

Hopefully they can find somewhere else to play Tate. I would expect that Meeks will be the #2 QB when the season starts.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Thumper » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:29 pm

#2 THIS year? That's a lot to ask of a true freshman. (Of course, if anyone can do it, Ricky Joe can!)

Let's hope Bartel stays healthy enough and performs well enough that this becomes a moot argument.
Thumper
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:44 pm

Tate would probably stay at QB because Bennett has said a thousand times that he is not going to be in the position he was in last year having two freshman QB's without experience. And they say Tate has gotten better. Let's just hope Bartel doesn't go down and we have to rely on Tate. I don't think I can stomach another game with him at the helm.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football