PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Survey: best SMU memoribilia?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Survey: best SMU memoribilia?

Postby PonyTales » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:41 pm

No kidding - what an array. Please tell us you have all that set out in some kind of a shrine.

VERY impressive list!
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby DiamondM » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:42 pm

What's my favorite: Old 8 X 10 press photos of Mustang Band on the steps of NY City Hall with Mayor Laguardia and at Grand Central Station for the 1936 Fordham game.

What shows my spirit the best: My bridal portraits taken on the field at Ford Stadium -- some with my trombone.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondM:
<B>What shows my spirit the best: My bridal portraits taken on the field at Ford Stadium -- some with my trombone.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How come you didn't tie the knot during halftime of a game?
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby DiamondM » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:51 pm

1. Everyone with unique memorabilia, videos, whatever should contact the Heritage Hall committee about loaning/donating your stuff. Since Heritage Hall is going to be multi media, you don't have to give up your actual photos, in most cases they just want good digital images.

2. Jill Stephenson in the alumni office told me that the Alumni Association is going to (at some point) have a section of the website on "how you show you're SMU spirit." They will be looking for photos of unique demonstrations of school spirit with things like the football field pool table, license plates, my bridal portraits, I've also heard about people painting the bottom of their pool with a pony. Keep an eye out.

[This message has been edited by DiamondM (edited 09-18-2003).]
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby DiamondM » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:56 pm

Are you kidding? We scheduled our wedding and honeymoon so that it would not interfere with college football or college basketball season -- or any golf major.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine did not do the same for this weekend. GRRR.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:57 pm

Good call, DiamondM. When I was in summer school, I delivered pizza to make a few bucks. And sure enough, I went to a house in Highland Park (or maybe it was University Park) to make a delivery, and when the owner say the SMU sticker on my car window, he took me to his yard and let me look over his fence -- his neighbor has (or at least had -- we're talking 15 years ago) a pool with a football field painted on the bottom, complete with MUSTANGS in the end zones and a helmet with a big SMU in the middle of the field.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby DiamondM » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:12 pm

I'll try to scan the 1936 photos tonight.

***Thanks for the image tip. Let's see if this works.

DiamondM
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:03 pm

DiamondM, I think if you take the .html off of the end of UBB Code it will work.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:50 pm

Hey, DiamondM! You were sitting behind me and BornRed&Blue at the Baylor game last week! We were in front of you and about 10 seats to the left!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Sid1947 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:27 pm

Originally posted by Bergermeister:
Nine Rotundas from the 30s and 40s, Cotton Bowl blankets (green with the chenile cotton boll), game programs from all home and away games played in 1947 and 1948, including the Cotton Bowl Classics of 1948 and 1949, Doak Walker game jersey (crimson with the tackle twill numbers), 2 Cotton Bowl watches and 1 Southwest Conference Championship diamond ring - diamond in the "M", felt pennants, souvenir cowboy hat presented at Los Angeles airport when 'stangs played in the coliseum, playbooks, original "typed" stat sheets, 40s era letter sweater, letter jacket, Cotton Bowl pocket watch, 3' x 5' Laughead photo of 1948 starting 11, post-game (locker room photos) of Matty Bell, Doc Hays, '48 team members (you know who they are), photos of Cotton Bowl trophy presentation, etc.
That is some wonderful stuff. I have some you mentioned, blanket, Rotundas, many wonderful photos, 47 jersey, 48 Cotton Bowl game ball signed by entire team and my fathers Chicago College All Star game jersey, pants & helmet. Heritage Hall might be getting ball & jersey to add to their collection soon.
Sid1947

Postby RGVPonyfan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:08 pm

My wife grew up in Baton Rouge. I grew up thinking how nice it was of SMU to let the Cowboys share their stadium. As a result, on our dining room wall we have framed and matted panoramic views of Death Valley a.k.a. Tiger Staium and Ford Stadium.
RGVPonyfan

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:55 pm

Besides my room? lol lets see I got 2 sMu Mini Helmets. 9 SMU Pennets (One I love the most is the Mustang Mania one from back then) I got 3 SMU flags. One hangin above my bed so everytime I wake up I can see SMU. One hanging outside my door so it covers my door and one in my bathroom that just hangs there lol. I have 5 SMU Plates. and One SMU rag towel thing from 99 Im guessin that hangin on the side of my wall. basically my whole room is red and blue. lol everytime on my computer is red and blue. got SMU written all over my screen here. got an SMU mouse pad everything in my life is SMU basically so my best SMU memoribilia would have to be my life! serouisly lol Im wearin an SMU basketball shirt as we speak I always get comments about wearing different SMU shirts everyday. lol I own atleast one of everyone they sell at the Book Store.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby pony91 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:24 pm

I have a brick from Ownby Stadium. Someone got smart and put plaques on them and sold them for $20.
pony91
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football