PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Freshman QB starting at Florida...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Freshman QB starting at Florida...

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:42 pm

JAF- who said you didnt know anything about football? You probably do. This is a matter of judgement and opinion, but the fact of the matter is that your opinion is heavily biased. You are not an SMU fan, you are a Richard Bartel fan. Thats fine, but most of us are fans and supporters of ALL the players and coaches. They are in it together and its real easy to say an OC didn't call the right play or whatever, but its a cop out most of the time (not all, most). My opinion is that we cannot fairly judge the qb, rbs, receivers or playcallers until we get some respectable oline play,not great, respectable. I really don't know how anybody who has played or watched football can see it any other way.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mike Damone » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:46 pm

Well, if it was a rhetorical question, that means that you are admitting to putting Richard in a bad situation. Now, I'm confused. Forget it.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby The CPC » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JustAFriend:
<B>"What kind of friend would put him in a bad situation like that?"

By that question I was saying, why would I post anything he has said to me on this board. It has nothing to do with playing time. I have already said my problems with the coaches have much more to do with philosophy than anything to do with Richard. And yes it was a rhetorical question, is that a foreign concept to you?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rhetoric..... thats french, isnt it? damn froggies....... AHA! thats it! French... frog.... TCU.... It all makes sense now........ oh yes, now we see......
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby JustAFriend » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:49 pm

I can agree with that, for the most part. I think even with sub-par O Line play you can judge the other players, just on a limited basis. When a receiver is open and drops the ball that falls on him, AND when he is open and Richard or Tate doesnt get it to him, that falls on them. And trust me I know Richard hasnt been perfect, but I also know the odds go way against the QB to complete the pass when its only on 3rd and long that we throw. That makes it very difficult for any QB to succeed, and I know the players run the plays, but the OC has got to do his part to put his players in a position to be successful. I just dont feel like that is happening, with the entire team. I think there is alot more talent on this team than it seems, but I dont think the coaches utilize it. But you are right, that is my opinion, and yes I am a fan of Richard, but I also want to see the team do well. I would never wish for SMU to do poorly, and I definitely don't root against Tate. In fact I thought he played well when he went in...I'm not here to ruffle feathers, I just have very strong opinions, especially about football.
JustAFriend
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football