PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CBS Sportsline says...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: CBS Sportsline says...

Postby LATech » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:31 am

September 26, 2003
Orsini Refutes CBS SportsLine Story
UCFAthletics.com

UCF athletics director Steve Orsini said Friday the CBS SportsLine article citing an "anonymous source" that UCF had accepted an conditional bid to join Conference USA is totally false and upsetting.

”I don’t know who that source is, but that is not true,” Orsini said. “We have not received an invitation to join Conference USA, conditionally or otherwise.”

The CBS SportsLine article stated, “A source close to the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said inviting Southern Methodist, Rice, Tulsa, along with second-year MAC member Central Florida, seems to be the most viable option to keep C-USA afloat as a 12-team league and stay in the business of big-time college athletics. UCF and Tulsa have conditionally accepted bids, the source said.”

Orsini was contacted for comment on the story, but never spoke to CBS SportsLine. “I traded messages with the writer of the article Thursday, but never spoke directly to him,” Orsini said. “I left another message with him today and asked him to set the record straight.”
LATech
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football