PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Vs. Colorado

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor Vs. Colorado

Postby KnuckleStang » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:59 pm

Gotta pull for the Bears. Down 23-21 with 8:30 left in the 3rd. Showing some spunk. An upset here would make our loss to them a little easier to swallow. Come on Baylor!
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Re: Baylor Vs. Colorado

Postby PonySnob » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:09 pm

Why would our loss to Baylor be any easier if they beat Colorado? We played an absolutely dreadful game in Waco and deserved to get beat. Our team is an absolute joke in Division 1 football.
It is time for SMU fans to expect victories!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby KnuckleStang » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:16 pm

Uh, okay...I'll be more specific then. It makes me feel better about our DEFENSE. Colorado's D is currently imploding, giving up 35 (they're down 12), and ours clearly did not do that. We can't do anything about first 4 losses at this point, so an upset here would help our RPI and SOS immensely...snob!
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:51 pm

With a 2 or 3 win season about the best SMU can do, does the RPI or SOS really matter? Certainly our defense played a good game against Baylor, but until our offense can score more than one TD per game, SMU will continue to reside at the bottom Division 1 football.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby KnuckleStang » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:11 pm

Au contraire, snob. "With a 2 or 3 win season about the best SMU can do," I look for positives anywhere I can get 'em. And Baylor's performance today leads me to believe that maybe, just maybe we can do better than 2 or 3 wins, if we can just get this offense on track. Any team we lose to, I root for them the rest of the year, as I believe everyone should. And yes, RPI actually does matter, whether you're 11-1, or 3-9.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Otto » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:50 pm

Right on, Knuckle. I'll sleep much better with the idea that maybe Baylor isn't quite as awful as I thought. They have more athletes than we do, and while they haven't had any success lately, we weren't expected to beat them. If they beat Colorado, that lessens the pain of our loss to BU.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:03 pm

How 'bout dem Bears! Way to go, Baylor! Congrats on a great win over the Buffs!
MrMustang1965

Return to Football