PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

They should change SMU's name.......

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

They should change SMU's name.......

Postby i10pony » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:42 pm

to Southern Methodist Junior College. I'm going to write a letter to pres Turner suggesting this name change. I'm serious.Tonight I am embarrassed to be an alumnus of SMU err.... I mean Southern Methodist Junior College. SMJC is not worthy of the moniker Mustangs. So the mascot should be changed. I have some suggestions here they are Chokers, Jokers,Mares,[deleted],Dogs, Wusses,. Ahh here it is I have the perfect name. Sticking with the equine theme of Mustangs I propose we change the name to the Geldings because SMJC plays like it got its nads chopped off. I can see it now an here are your 0-12 SMJC Geldings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i10pony
Junior Varsity

Re: They should change SMU's name.......

Postby SMU4u2000 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:59 pm

Souther Methodist High School. Caring parents who make goodie bags for the players. Come on!
SMU4u2000
Recruit

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:11 pm

You are wrong to classify this team as “Chokers”

A choker implies someone capable of achieving something, but at the opportune time, failing to do so.

This team is hardly Chokers.

No, we are a talent less team with sub par coaching.

We are “Inept”.

As in:

Inept teams let others back into the game with blocked punts for TDs.

Inept teams throw 95% of their passes less than 10 yards and with the other 5% over 50 yards.

Inept teams attempt “Swinging Gates”.

Inept teams let a receiver catch 7 TDs against them in less than 3 quarters of play while they themselves, being 0-5, have yet to score 7 TDs the entire season.

Inept teams are unprepared for option teams.

Inept teams LOSE.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby i10pony » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:13 pm

I like the sound of that. The Southern Methodist Junior College Inepts. It has a nice ring to it.
i10pony
Junior Varsity

Return to Football