PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

This really is an all-time low

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

This really is an all-time low

Postby JasonB » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:44 pm

Can we play Buffalo in a bowl to see which is the worst div-1 team in the country?

I am usually down on the present and hopeful for the future, but no way we should lose to UTEP at home. This is a new low.

It is also frustrating to see that we can't turn things around as quick as freaking Tulsa. TULSA.

I am frustrated. Really frustrated right now. Sure we are incompetent because of our youth. But we shouldn't be THIS bad. And guess what? If you think that the O-line is bad this year, just wait until Harris and Reindl graduate for next year, because those guys are two of the better linemen in the WAC.

Our WR core will not be vastly improved next year, our RB situation will be better, but with a worse line. Our QB situation is still up in the air, because Bartel certainly didn't show anything tonight and Wallis isn't the QB of the future. Defensively, the line should be fine, but all new OLB, lose our best two corners. Things don't look good for next year either.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: This really is an all-time low

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:56 pm

For the first time, I agree. I saw a HUGE step backwards in so many areas. Bottom 10 here we come again.. god we deserve a trophy for our ineptness.

I don't think we could compete with the top I-AA teams with our performance tonite.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football