PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

All-Wac Teams

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

All-Wac Teams

Postby jettison » Tue Nov 28, 2000 5:55 pm

Ok, I think this is just a tad overloaded with players that are riding their team's successes.. but this is the list.
<A HREF="http://www.wacsports.com/news/fbo/fbc/2000/11/28/975435889892.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wacsports.com/news/fbo/fbc/2000/11/28/975435889892.html</A>

I know of least one spot on the second team that is lacking a more deserving player.

Anyone else?
jettison
Junior Varsity

Re: All-Wac Teams

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2000 8:48 pm

I am surprised that John did not make it. He had one hell of a year. I cannot believe it. We all know he deserves it.

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 28, 2000 9:15 pm

I know for sure "Big John" should have been at least 2nd team, if not first. I was really surprised he didn't get it. He would have surely gotten my vote!!
Big D
Scout Team

Postby PK » Tue Nov 28, 2000 9:24 pm

It's hard to get any respect when your team is one game away from the cellar.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUFan » Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:01 am

I realize we had a down year on the field.

But Vic Viloria deserved first team honors and John Hampton should have been second team. (Should have been first team most other years, but the TE at UTEP had an incredible season and is going to be on some All-America teams).

Viloria and Hampton got robbed!
SMUFan
All-American

Postby ponytalk » Wed Nov 29, 2000 2:59 pm

Hampton was the one that really got robbed. I understand that his performance is not seen very well through our season, but he deserves more. At least second team. I think he was the best player on the Ponies this year. The most consistant for sure.
Oh well, maybe this will inspire him some more. Hampton is underrated, that is a good thing sometimes.
That is the WAC for you. They have more than bad officials.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Football