PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Phillips & Co on Display

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Phillips & Co on Display

Postby SMUFinns » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:55 pm

Here is a little light for SMU and real football fans… Q.B. Chris Phillips is a Bishop lynch product, so is La Tech’s RB Ryan Moats (SMU nearly got him) he selected La Tech, SMU has DB T.J James also a Lynch product (Medical) plus a host of TX-Private school players will be on display.
This will be a bitter sweet day for me as I will not be able to be at the game, here’s wishing that both Lynch players have a big game and the that will leave the defense to decide the game winner. Go mustangs…

Lynch has two players this who are just as good LB/Athlete –Cox & DB/WR – James, Coach Oliver at Lynch appear to find the type of players who can play and or put them in a position to PLAY.

Lastly for those of you who can not travel like me… I will be at Ford for the TAPPS 1-5A District Championship game between Bishop Lynch / Trinity Christian Addison, a repeat of last years game same situation, winner takes all. SMU–QB Chris Phillips lead Lynch to the win in impressive style, some of you got a sneak preview of his abilities, this year you can see Cox & James.
Power Mustangs "Now is the Time" They will believe in #PonyUp
SMUFinns
Junior Varsity

Re: Phillips & Co on Display

Postby PonyTales » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:18 pm

Is that Deveann Cox (not sure of the spelling on his first name)? How big is he? I saw him last spring at an SMU scrimmage (I think it was the Red/Blue game) and he looked short but very muscular. How many positions is he playing? What position does he project at in college? How fast is he?

Is he getting interest from SMU? What about the other kid you mention - what's the scoop on him? Size/position/speed/stats?

Thanks - let us know what you see at the TAPPS game.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby SMUFinns » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:29 am

Deavin Cox, Plays LB, RB, DB, ST & Rover 5-9, 195, Very quick and strong don't have all his stats and yes he is a little on the short side (Dat Nygen) he play very big, I believe he leads the team in tackles, hurries sacks etc
Visit www.bishoplynch.org Football for season stats or http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/highschools/leaderboard/football/HSFB-teamleader-19.html for team stats.
We missed on Ryan Moats RB of La Tech (said to be a little small) now look, he plays like a giant and should make the WAC team at the end of the season.
BTW they captured another District title on Saturday (Fourth in four years)
SMUFinns
Junior Varsity

Postby Ikus » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:09 am

Any idea who's recruiting Cox?
Is SMU recruiting him?
What's his interest level in joining Chris Phillips at SMU?
Ikus
Heisman

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:20 pm

I'd be interested to know about that, too. My neighbor is a high school football nut, and he's mentioned Cox before. Says he's a very impressive athlete.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby Stallion » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:08 pm

He's a DMN Area Top 100 Player and I believed mentioned SMU last time I looked but I don't think he is in the Rivals or Insiders Database. He appears to be a marginal Division 1A player hoping to get a shot. so was Moats but he turned out pretty good.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUFinns » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:29 am

Cox visited Miami (OH) last Monday and is said to be very impressed with the school but did not commit............humm :hmm:
SMUFinns
Junior Varsity

Postby Swamp Gas » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:03 pm

The same Miami-O that's ranked #14 in the country?
Does he have an official scholarship offer from them?
Swamp Gas
Junior Varsity

Return to Football