PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:09 pm

Here's wishing a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the Mustang faithful who post on this board! Although we may disagree with each other at times, I am thankful that I live in a country where I have the right to 'agree to disagree' with my fellow countrymen. May each of you have a joyous and wonderful Thanksgiving with all of your family and friends this week.

And, oh yeah...GO MUSTANGS!!! BEAT THE HELL OUTTA THE TCU HORNED FROGS!!!! :D )
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Postby EastStang » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:27 pm

Lot's turkey sandwiches on the Boulevard on Saturday, I'll bet. Have a great Thanksgiving to all Mustangs. Despite football season blues, most Mustangs have much to thankful for I'm sure. I'd wish the Frogs a happy Thanksgiving as well, but I guess that means eating lots of flies. Just kidding. We know the Frogs have much to be thankful for this year.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Water Pony » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:53 pm

Mr Mustang 1965, thanks for the post!

With this week being my favorite holiday, Bird Day, as well as our rivalry game, I wanted to add my thanks, including a brief moment to recognize for one day at least:

Dr. Turner for his support for SMU Athletics while strengthening the academic reputation of our school.

Jim Copeland for pulling off the Ford Stadium development and placing us in a remodelled Conference USA.

Phil Bennett for accepting the assignment to rebuild one of the most challenged Division 1 FB programs in the country while raising the role of recruiting in building for the future.

For Dement and the Basketball Team for their winning seasons and enthusiasm.

The Seniors on this year's FB team for their efforts and commitment to work so [deleted] behalf on their soon to be alma mater, SMU.

The Non Revenue Sports (Soccer, Track & Field/Cross Country, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Golf, Rowing, Volleyball, the new Equestrian Team, etc.) for their hard work and success nationally/regionally without the visibility enjoyed by FB and BB.

To the Posters on this Board, who care so much for SMU and our Teams. May your loyality and constructive criticism/energy to make the necessary changes be rewarded in every season and sport in which we compete.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:D
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Joyous » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:03 pm

I second all of the above. Happy Thanksgiving to All!!
Joyous
Varsity

Postby PK » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:23 pm

Amen! Nice post Water Pony...thanks to you too.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:55 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Good luck Highland Park againist Ennis (Yall will need it) and Go Mustangs Kill the Froggies!! See yall Saturday BRIGHT AND EARLY!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Water Pony » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:38 pm

THE WHITE HOUSE

Thanksgiving Day Proclamation
By the President of the United States of America

November 16, 2001

Nearly half a century ago, President Dwight Eisenhower proclaimed Thanksgiving as a time when Americans should celebrate "the plentiful yield of our soil . . . the beauty of our land . . . the preservation of those ideals of liberty and justice that form the basis of our national life, and the hope of international peace." . . .

During these extraordinary times, we find particular assurance from our Thanksgiving tradition, which reminds us that we, as a people and individually, always have reason to hope and trust in God, despite great adversity. . . .

"Have a Happy Thanksgiving!:"
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Cyn » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:13 pm

Great Comments!

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Here's to you bro for your upcoming football season. :showoff:

May many blessing come upon you and your team-mates.
Cyn

Postby Sam I Am » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:09 pm

Despite our 0-11 season, I am thankful that we still have a team and play good opponents like TCU. From East Texas, the best to all you loyal pony fans this turkey day.

---Sam Hopkins
SMU 1963
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:30 pm

I am thankful that Richuel Massey, Cory Muse, et. al., are all still wearing red shirts. 4 whole years, and they ain't even started yet.

Happy Thanksgiving, Ponyfans!
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football