PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

0-12, 20-13

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

0-12, 20-13

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:59 pm

A loss is a loss, even when we beat the handicap odds. I feel sorry for the eleven seniors who never beat TCU. I am glad this season is finally over.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Re: 0-12, 20-13

Postby Pigskin Frog » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:17 pm

I know it hurts now. But the pain doesn't last forever. And when the winning starts again, it will make it even sweeter remembering the bottom days.

But after that effort those kids gave today, it should be much easier for them and fans to get through the offseason. That game was close because of the way SMU played -- not because of the way TCU didn't play.
Pigskin Frog

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:17 pm

yep you got to hand it to Brandon Hassell-yeah he didn't have hardly any pressure but he hit his receivers all day in the clutch. If he hadn't been sharp SMU might have pulled this one out.

<small>[ 11-29-2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Stallion ]</small>
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Up » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:39 pm

Thanks, PigskinFrog. Lot of class saying that. Our boys played their tails off, but alas, your boys made more plays. Good luck in your bowl, wherever you end up.

Stallion, you just underscored what BUS has said all along. (Hey! BUS is married by now! Congratulations!) As Bus has been preaching all along, we need some OLs who can reduce (by a lot) the pressure Phillips faces and can open some running lanes, and some DLs who can shut down the opposing running game and rush the passer. I don't know if Hassell even got his uniform dirty today. We need three linemen (MINIMUM!) on each side of the ball, and I hope Lucky DeLay turns out to be one nasty SOB.

<small>[ 11-29-2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Pony Up ]</small>
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Return to Football