PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

next years schedule??

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

next years schedule??

Postby spreethug » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:11 pm

What does the schedule look like for next year? 0-12 doestn sit well and the spring practices can't come quick enough.
spreethug

Re: next years schedule??

Postby yesindeedydoody » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:03 am

Posted in the DMN 12/02/03, Same teams as this year.

2004 Schedule

Sept. 04 Texas Tech
Sept. 11 @TCU
Sept. 18 @OSU
Sept. 25 San Jose State
Oct. 02 @ Boise State
Oct. 09 @ Rice
Oct. 16 La Tech
OCT. 23 Bye
Oct. 30 @ Fresno State
Nov. 06 Tulsa
Nov. 13 Nevada
Nov. 20 @ UTEP
yesindeedydoody
Recruit

Postby Dooby » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:16 am

I generally don't rip Bennett or Copeland 'cause I understand how hard their jobs are. But, like the DMN pointed out, Copeland isn't even giving Bennett a chance. Just like last year 4 of the first 6 games are on the road. First two road games against top 25 teams. With Copeland claiming he wants to schedule Texas and A&M, I don't see this changing. The only hope is that TCU stays in C-USA and they go ahead and allow the conference changes to happen this year. That would free up a non-conference game, but I don't see how that fits in the schedule considering we only have one bye week.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:20 am

Looks like we only have 11 games. Perhaps for those of you who are panting for a 1-AA game, we can schedule a Southern or Texas State or Harvard or something.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mike Damone » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:20 am

I think every school has 11 games next year. We don't have Baylor next year but they are back on the schedule the next.

The NCAA has some new rule about the amount of games played or something like that. Not sure what it is, but you can't play 12 every year form now on.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:28 am

I believe it has something to do with the number of Saturdays between September 1 and November 31.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby gostangs » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:53 am

We need to get out of that OSU game. seriously - we will be o-fer again - going into the season - and the non fanatic will think same ol SMU, and we will have to do ticket give aways the rest of the season. Come on Copeland - get the scheduling foot off of this programs neck.
gostangs

Postby ponynut » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:09 am

Thought we were to play Baylor at home?
ponynut
Varsity

Return to Football