PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Great game Mustangs - this is one to build on!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Great game Mustangs - this is one to build on!

Postby MustangMom » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:17 pm

To the Mustang players, coaches, & support staff: A great game in Ford Stadium! The Mustangs almost upset the Frogs - and the team played their hearts out - especially the senior leaders!! I saw many positives that the coaches and the team can build on for next year!! Let 2004-5 be the turn-around season!!

After a tough year - SMU gave TCU (a team that almost went undefeated) more than they bargained for. I am so proud of the players. And, proud of the fans - who came, stayed and this time made some noise!!

:thumbupcool:
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Re: Great game Mustangs - this is one to build on!

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:41 am

Great? Is that the only adjective left in the world of sports? I stayed from Boulevard til Alma Mater and I failed to witness anything "great".
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangMom » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:33 pm

Well, I was there the entire game as well. Considering the tough season and all the losses, this team could have said "what the heck" and just gone through the motions and the game could have been a lopsided win for TCU - who until last week had 0 losses. Instead the players, gave it there all and played a tought game. We were outsized, playing a freshman QB and many other players.

I just may be a Mom - but I am a Mom who watches a lot of football - and this was an exciting game!

Just my opinion - but I think many others share this opinion too.
:showoff:
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:15 pm

Ok well Bergermeister if you dont think our players play great then why did you stay the whole game? SMU going into the game was 0-11 againist a 10-1 TCU team! 7 minutes left it was 13-13 until that bad call! I believe our players played their damn hearts out as much as they could! And they did play GREAT! Now not every play was what it couldve been but our guys left their pride and hearts out there on the field Saturday! and Im very proud that every single one of those guys out there is a Mustang! If you dont like our team and our players why are you coming on here cheering for us? We played great and I thank the players for a great game! Just thanking the Lord this season is over!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football