PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cowlishaw

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cowlishaw

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:57 pm

Did yall read his column Sunday? Way out of line, as far as I could tell. Has he been to any other games this year? I doubt it. I mean, there's no way to sugar-coat 0-12, but he made it sound like there's no hope for the future, like there are no players waiting in the wings .... and I'd hazard a guess he couldn't tell Bryan Turner from Fred Turner. Seeing one game (and a game in which we went toe-to-toe with a nationally ranked team, I might add) and then writing something like that was unprofessional (at best) on his part. Or maybe just lazy.

The only good part about the column was when he mentioned the "Horned Frauds."
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Cowlishaw

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:18 pm

I'd be more hacked off at the lack of coverage for tonights basketball game. Alonzo wrote article on the TCU-Kansas game. Isn't that guy our beat writer? The SMU-Tech game article was written by the Lubbock Bureau from the Tech perspective, not even a frickin mention of SMU. I'm sure they will be ready to barbecue us tomorrow though.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:26 pm

DMN had KU and TCU on the fron page, if it makes you feel any worse. KU is going to plaster TCU. Tulsa beat them as usual on Saturday. I don't know how much of a chance we have against TT but it is better than TCU against KU. Is Billy Tubbs coaching Lamar? I saw where they beat someone on Saturday.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:27 pm

Uhm.. how about a link fellas?
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:36 pm

Originally posted by Hoop Fan:
.... Alonzo wrote article on the TCU-Kansas game. Isn't that guy our beat writer? ....
No. Calvin Watkins is the beat writer.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Football