PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU bowling now

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU bowling now

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:11 pm

TCU now going to the Fort Worth Bowl DANG IT!!!!!!! Not right not right at all!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: TCU bowling now

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:21 pm

No surprise there. That was the plan all along. Anyone who thought otherwise was a fool. Remember, it's all in the name of academics. *snicker*
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby pony91 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:17 pm

Toads are going to the Joe T. Garcia Bowl!? What a joke- TCU got it's wish, They have managed to escape the season without playing a really good team. What a bunch of frauds.
pony91
Scout Team

Postby PortlandPonys » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:49 pm

And they will be playing Air Force. I guess that is part of their "entry fee" to the Mountain Goat Conference. I say good ridence. CUSA needs to find a school who really wants to be a part of the organization (Temple, La Tech, MiamiO, or even yes UNT).

Once TCU's Coach is snaped up by Nebraska, or Duke or who ever else is looking for a new skipper the slide will start. Next they will not be able to win consistently against the MWC foes, Then the Big 5 in the MWC ( BYU, UTAH, CSU, AFA, and Wyoming) will start rubbing their nose in it. That will further hurt recruiting and the downward spiral will continue.

Gee am I glad their leaving.
PortlandPonys
Recruit

Postby PortlandPonys » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:01 pm

Yes Air Force will give the toads a beating, and they better get used to it. Playing in the MWC they will face stiffer competition, less media coverage (just ask anyone who follows the Pac-10 how much respect you get from the eastern press), and will be the "whipping boy" of the big 5. Hope they like what their AD has gotten them into. Just imagine selleing a recruit on going to Laramie Wyoming in November.

I just hope their shenanigans have not lost the GMAC bowl for CUSA.
PortlandPonys
Recruit

Postby WildHorse » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:50 am

Gee, what a *&^%-ing surprise. Horned Frauds (thanks, Cowlishaw) get another home game. Sure hope none of the players miss a chemistry lab for that one. And they make the cash off the concessions, parking, etc. If there's any justice, they should cut a check for half of ALL income to Air Force. Hell, they should give all of it to Air Force, and not as an MWC entry fee.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Dr Jeske » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:48 am

While it's hard to admit, it's actually pure genius.

They get to play at Home, No money spent on travel, and they can keep recruiting from their offices.

It looks like their association with ESPN has really paid off.

Now when they get beat, we can all laugh a little. But it's better than getting beat in Mobile.

Copeland are you watching??????
Dr Jeske
Recruit

Postby FWMustang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:55 am

Poor Poor TCU! Where all they're good at is cryin' BooHoo!!!!

Remind me that the next time I need to spin a situation in my favor, to send a press release to Gil Lebreton on TCU letterhead. What a Frog mouthpiece!

He is [deleted] about TCU getting snubbed by CUSA in this bowl thing. What is there to complain about? They created their own bowl "guarantee." They beat their chest about how inferior CUSA is for their national championship run. They unzipped their fly by threatening to leave and they expect the commish to help them?

Have they forgotten that the only reason they went to bowl in 1998 was that the Sun Bowl snubbed the teams leaving for MWC? What is the matter with these people? Next I am going to hear how they are making a run at March Madness because of how the "hung" with Kansas.
Go RED! Go BLUE! Go MUSTANGS! S-M-U!!
FWMustang
Varsity

Postby buspen » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:18 am

Is the AF going to be TCU's opponent? Tulsa is reporting that they are close to a deal by giving up the Silicon Valley bowl for a trade to Ft. Worth.
buspen
Junior Varsity

Return to Football