PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Boise to Fort Worth

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Boise to Fort Worth

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 am

Actually if you Dallasites want to go and cheer for Boise. Buy the tickets through Boise State. They have a minimum ticket allotment they have to sell. It will help them, and help the WAC (which helps SMU). I suspect if Boise does not meet the minimum, the Conference will have to pick up the check which reduces the payout from the bowl to the Conference. And you get to sit with the Bronco fans and boo the Frogs, how great is that. Just delouse yourself afterwards.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DiamondM » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:47 am

If I weren't going to be in Kansas I would definitely be there to cheer on the Broncos. If anyone does go and would like to take custody of the signs my husband and I made for the last game, let me know. One is a giant check from the Executive Director of the Fiesta Bowl to Texas Choking University for $10,000,000 dollars -- with a big giagantic "VOID" across it. Memo line says "Not so fast my friend."

The other sign says TCU at the top and then the initials for the MWC that says "Must Whine Constantly." Any Boise State fan is welcome to use them for the game.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby BlueManChild » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:36 pm

Come on guys! You got to admit, it'll be fun to see the froggs get squished, and you would be helping Boise, a coference mate a lot, the more of you means the less of them at the game, and BSU would get the credit! :thumbupcool:
BlueManChild

Postby Thumper » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:56 pm

Go Boise State! Stomp the Little Froggies!
Thumper
Varsity

Postby Old Bronco » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:28 am

If any of the Ponies plan to come to the game, buy your tickets by asking for the Boise State area of the stadium. Wear something orange and come over to our tailgater before the game! Check on Broncocountry.com for the location closer to game time. We have fans coming from Tulsa & North Texas so far to support the Bronco's! Looking forward to seeing the 2003-04 edition of the Mustang's BB team in the Pavillion.
Old Bronco

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:08 am

Um...to the Cotton Bowl game where I go every bowl year or to the Fort Worth Bowl to see TCU get destoryed...? Personally I would love to come see TCU get killed but I got school on the 18th (we get out on the 20th) so be sure to scream for me there! GO BRONCOS! Show em what they wouldve gotten themselves into if they had stayed in the WAC
Mustangs35SMU

Postby geno » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:30 am

Hey you guys, it's good to know you might come to OUR game over here at TCU, but one question: why aren't you going to the SMU bowl game? Rumor has it that SMU and Baylor are to have the Whacko Bowl down in Waco, to establish once and for all which is the absolute worst team in Texas. That's where you ought to be, not cheering on BS (and you know what THAT stands for.)
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Sewanee Stang » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:35 am

you're pretty clever.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:10 pm

Yeah, he's clever .... clever enough to spend an awful lot of time worrying about what we have to say about the Horned Frauds.

I, for one, will be at the game, cheering like hell for the Broncos (hey, they're cousins of Mustangs, aren't they?)

I went to BroncoCountry.com, and someone who calls himself PonyFan wrote a nice piece on there about our support of the Broncos. Good stuff.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:26 am

Hey Bronco fan, some of us might make it to the game, but DON'T EVER ASK A MUSTANG TO WEAR ORANGE!!!!!It's a Stang Thang!! You wouldn't understand.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby MustangSally » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:26 am

Alex has a point. Wear BLUE, consider it a dual spirit item for both SMU and BSU and it doesn't conflict with any old rivalries (rice maybe?) as much as say orange, maroon, or purple would.
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football