PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WAC West 2 C-USA 0

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WAC West 2 C-USA 0

Postby Sam I Am » Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:37 pm

My, My, My. Hawaii beats Houston, and Boise State beat TCU. So which conference is best now? And how does that affect the status of TCU switching to the MWC? Inquiring minds want to know. I still like having SMU go to the C-USA because of the regional schedule and the being in the Central time zone. :whistling:
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Re: WAC West 2 C-USA 0

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:20 am

Great game that was between Hawaii and Houston!! I hated the fight at the end though loved the action though! What was with the helmets being thrown everywhere at each other?!!?
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:55 am

the upper crust of the WAC has always over-achieved the country's and our lowly expectations in both BB and FB both before and after the split with the MWC. It has been SMU that has never been prepared to compete with the upper crust of the WAC thinking it could dance to its own tune. Nevertheless, the split into more regional leagues COULD benefit us all in the long run. The question is whether schools like SMU, Rice and Tulsa are going to be happy to merely compete or are they finally going to try to excell in this potentially more long-term stable conference. If not this league will once again split between the schools that want to play by the NCAA rules and those that want to play under Ivy League rules. I hope SMU has finally embraced the goal of actually excelling.

<small>[ 12-26-2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Stallion ]</small>
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby EastStang » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:43 am

I also note that the Mountain West is 0-1 at this point. CUSA is 1-2, remember, Memphis did beat UNT. I know it was hardly worth noticing, but that counts as a CUSA win. I do hope that USM beats Utah. Tulsa and Fresno will be the real tests for the WAC. Tulsa gets Georgia Tech at the Tundra and Fresno gets UCLA.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Return to Football