PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thoughts on Texas Tech

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thoughts on Texas Tech

Postby Otto » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:24 pm

Your team played hard, and with class.

Your fans showed up in great numbers and supported your team vigorously, from start to finish. And they were respectful of SMU and its fans. You have great fans.

I do have a question: how many of you would have called for Coach Leach's head (or at least his job) when he had Kliff throwing the ball in the last minutes? Imagine:
An incomplete pass stops the clock and SMU had no timeouts left.
What if Kliff had been hurt on a sack?
What if he'd thrown an interception or fumbled, and SMU had run it all the way back, setting up an onside kick and .... who knows?

Your Red Raiders are a resilient bunch and fought a good fight, and they deserved a win. But that last drive seemed like an example of horrible coaching. If Tech had turned the ball over - or if Kliff had been hurt - you'd have every right to be furious at Leach.

Was he trying to run up the score to please Tech's Dallas alumni? Shoody logic, at best.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Re: Thoughts on Texas Tech

Postby JustAFriend » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:45 pm

I think he was trying to make up for his team's pathetic performance. They looked dead at best. They will die in the Big 12 if they play like that.
JustAFriend
Junior Varsity

Return to Football