PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kicking game will have issues all year....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kicking game will have issues all year....

Postby JasonB » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:24 pm

The placekicking will have issues all year. Frosh kicker, frosh deepsnapper, and frosh holder. They are all talented, but at least one of the three is going to be nervous on every kick.

As for the Tech game, I couldn't tell if the extra point was a bad hold or a bad snap. The field goal I couldn't see how bad it was, I had a bad perspective from my seats. Look like he struck it well, but I don't know how wide it went. It was a chip shot he should have made anyway. If it is any consolation, the Tech kicker missed an easy field goal from the same side of the field, so I don't know if the wind was playing tricks or what...
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Kicking game will have issues all year....

Postby sam » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:14 pm

Tate dropped the hold
sam
Junior Varsity

Postby Mickey » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:09 pm

Thornton Chandler is the Short Snapper for placekicks. He is a Sr. and has not made a bad snap in four years unless that was a bad snap on Sat. From what I hear, it was not great snap on the XP on Sat, but Wallis should have gotten the ball down anyway.

Grant Eidson is the Long Snapper on punts, but he does not short snap for place kicks. He will assume that role next year when Chandler graduates.
Mickey
All-American

Postby BornRed&Blue » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:45 pm

Recruiting possibility ! ! ! Ryan Wolcott, kicker for HP and Top 300 recruit was at the game Sat. night, as a recruit. It would be so cool to have him at SMU.
If you can't be a Mustang, marry one !
BornRed&Blue
Junior Varsity

Return to Football