PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OSU defense

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OSU defense

Postby Pony Up » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:10 pm

I read the PF.com preview of Oklahoma State, and it looks like their interior run defense (DTs and MLB) are huge. But can they be run on at the end positions? Because it kind of looks like that will be our best option - Hampton blocking down to pin the defensive end inside and let Kincade go past the linebackers and safeties coming up to help against the run.

Has anyone seen them play? Am I right about this?
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Re: OSU defense

Postby JasonB » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:09 pm

If we can't run up the middle, I think we will see more of Shanderrick this game... and a lot more of the option while Tate plays.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby slickerOSU » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:29 pm

Our run defense is pretty solid all around.

How good is your o-line? If they can give your qb decent protection, he'll probably light us up. Average qb's (i.e. Paus from UCLA) always seem to have career days against us. A balanced offense is the key. If you put together some decent drives and keep our offense off the field (I think your defense might be able to do that), our defense will run out of gas. We don't have any depth.

I think this is going to be a good game. I've committed the cardinal sin and put money on you guys for this weekend. We won't cover 17.

If you're coming up to Stillwater, I hope you have a safe trip. Don't worry about our stadium. It's a rust-bucket, but it's safe...I think.
slickerOSU

Postby Vitale » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:58 pm

Our offensive line was the team's biggest question mark coming into the season, and to their credit, they've played above expectations. But they're still thin and we use some really young guys, so they're far from passing all tests.

GO PONIES!
Vitale
All-American

Return to Football