PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MWC Loses Out on Emerald Bowl Bid to ACC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

MWC Loses Out on Emerald Bowl Bid to ACC

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:43 pm

first they lost the Insight Bowl, the Liberty Bowl may be gone and now the Emerald Bowl. There appears to be some panic on the MWC board. Right now they have the Las Vegas Bowl, the Poinsetta Bowl(inagural season) and Ft Worth Bowl(which just lost its sponsor and whose future is in doubt). Remaining bowls which haven't finalized include the Liberty Bowl, Independence Bowl and Houston Bowl but the MWC seems like long shots for those if for distance if nothing else. I believe that the WAC has offered the Hawaii Bowl for a spot in the Vegas Bowl but the MWC was hoping for a BCS school there. Meanwhile the Wac has been left with only 2 bowls the Hawaii Bowl and Humanatarian Bowl.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby davidsmu94 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:27 pm

Hmm, Imagine that. MWC is being treated as a second rate conference?
davidsmu94
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:23 am

May I ask why the ACC would want the Emerald Bowl? It's all the way across the country from them! Do they WANT games that their fans can't travel to?
CalallenStang

Postby EastStang » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:34 pm

That will give 8 ACC teams a chance to go bowling (out of 12). Of course some won't have a winning record. I don't know if 6-6 gets you a bowl game or not. If it does, they could easily go bowling by playing a 1-AA game and two SBC/MAC games and having a 3-6 conference record. If the ACC doesn't have a bowl eligible team, I suspect Emerald and Music City can pick anyone they want.
EastStang

Postby NavyCrimson » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:44 pm

now that the bcs-bs is taking over the 'real' bowls, if this doesn't get the limp d&%k administrators of the non-bcs-bs conferences fired up & ready to fight back, nothing will!

face it guys, we all lose on this one -

the nonbcs-bs conferences are a house divided playing as beggers or paupers, unfortunately, what they truly are since they refuse to fight back!

obviously, we're not losing that much $$$ afterall if we're not willing to fight in the first place!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Return to Football