PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

grades

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

grades

Postby d_pony » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:11 am

Brandon Bonds made his grades and is eligble - so did Columbus Givens
d_pony
Varsity

Re: grades

Postby Grider » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:50 am

d_pony wrote:Brandon Bonds made his grades and is eligble - so did Columbus Givens

Nice! Bonds will be a huge help on that d-line, and I can't wait to see what Givens is going to bring to the hilltop
Grider
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:02 am

that really is good news-I'm excited about Givens. How many QBs average over 10 yards per carry in high school? 1,419 yards rushing on 140 carries. I'm assuming that includes sacks but incredible nonetheless. BTW the word in recruiting circles was that Givens was promised a shot at QB first but I notice he was listed as a WR on the Fall roster. (he completed right at 60% of his passes in High School). Given No. 17 which I guess could be either QB or WR. Now SMU needs to get some production from gamebreakers like Givens, Sanders, Lowery, Henderson, Turner and Mapps and the entire character of the team will be changed.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BUS » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:19 am

A few weeks ago I had heard that Brandon did not just pass two summer one courses but made two B'+ grades. Way to go.

This team could be much better at scoring points if everyone has the new offense down. Duh.

Go Mustangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Caballo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:23 am

Stallion wrote:Given No. 17 which I guess could be either QB or WR.

ala Gary Hammond. I can dream can't I?
Caballo
All-American

Postby ponydawg » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:34 am

That is great news!

Does Givens red shirt or is he to talented to sit out a year?
What about Sanders?
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Up » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:48 pm

This is fantastic news. Considering the loss of Adami, Jones and Mouton, Bonds is vital to the defensive line.

And the Givens news (I didn't realize he was in question) also is fantastic. Stallion: I agree with your assessment that his numbers, although if those yards include sacks, that's even MORE impressive, don't you think? Take out his sacks (and from what I've heard, there weren't many), and that average shoots up even more.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in him wearing #17 and therefore being a QB candidate. After all, we had a DT wearing #14 (Adami) for the last four years, a safety (Goode) wearing 10, a DE (Muse) wearing #11, and we have LBs (Harris and McCray) wearing #5 and #6. And that doesn't mention the non-traditional numbers on offense (Martin wearing #8, Warren wearing #2, Henderson wearing #9, Foster wearing #28, etc.)
Pony Up
All-American

Return to Football