PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CSTV's Media Day Recap

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

CSTV's Media Day Recap

Postby RE Tycoon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:39 pm

I just got done watching CSTV's media day recap, and all I can say is wow! When CUSA announced their partenrship with CSTV I kinda blew it off not thinking that it would matter much, although I was pissed when they changed the SMU website. I figured they would show some crappy footage with a blue backdrop with some tool like Rick Rener running the show. But CSTV has a great picture quality, a quality anchor, a damn good interview guy and a profesional looking set and graphics. I'm really suprised nobody on the board has mentioned this yet (although "SMU Football Blog" mentioned it on his blog). I was [deleted] about the profesionalism of our program last week and I think this lends our program some legitimacy as well as the conference as a whole.

Now as to the football side of things, I hate the fact that a QB hasn't stepped up to take the job. I'm even more mystified as to how Chris Phillips is third string. Just looking at the guy makes me think he could start in the NFL tomorrow. He's got a cannon and we know he can run. I understand there is more to a football player than raw talent, so my question is to those who know; what gives? What is he missing or what does he do wrong? Is there a reason to believe he could learn those things this year and start next year (2006) when the current 1 and 2 graduate? I just hope he hangs in there this year and doesn't transfer like every other young player who doesn't start. I root for all SMU players, but I expected big things from Phillips when he signed with us.
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Return to Football