PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good News for Basic Cable Subscribers

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Good News for Basic Cable Subscribers

Postby Stallion » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:13 am

according to the CUSA Fan Forum CUSA will sign a contract with PAX network to televise a CUSA Game of the Week at 6:00 p.m. starting in October. Also, I saw a Houston poster on a different board claim that SMU at UH would be televised. We get PAX on basic cable in Dallas don't we? This is in addition to the ESPN National/Regional games. Apparently PAX reaches 80 million homes in the US so it is some substantial and basically free coverage.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:19 am

That's good news. Also, on CSTV yesterday, they pretty much confirmed that they will be carrying the Rice game Nov. 5. If this UH rumor turns out to be true, we could end up this year with 4 games on TV. When was the last time that happened?
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby BUS » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:23 am

Here in Richardson, PAX comes with Comcast cable.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:27 am

I think there's a local PAX over air signal, and a national feed over satellite as well.
jtstang

Postby Ikus » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:54 am

If that (FOUR games on TV) is true, that would be huge. Part of the problem has always been lack of exposure, and many of the folks who would watch are in attendance at home games. If they could start broadcasting road games .... there would be a recruit somewhere watching, and the diehard fans would have one more chance to see games when road trips aren't possible. Sure hope this is true.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:03 am

Reminds me. Regardless of where your tickets are, when we are on TV, sit on the East Side (the side opposite the luxury boxes and press box). It will look better on TV as that will be the side seen on TV most often.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:27 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:Reminds me. Regardless of where your tickets are, when we are on TV, sit on the East Side (the side opposite the luxury boxes and press box). It will look better on TV as that will be the side seen on TV most often.

Yeah, that's what's cool about CSTV...they have no budget for a blimp, which means no arial shots. Which will be fortunate at the Rice game. :shock:
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySoprano » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:39 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:Reminds me. Regardless of where your tickets are, when we are on TV, sit on the East Side (the side opposite the luxury boxes and press box). It will look better on TV as that will be the side seen on TV most often.

Isn't that the students' job??
PonySoprano
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:10 pm

BTW the note about the SMU/UH game being televised by PAX/I network is confirmed by at least one source-an article in the Houston Chronicle. Says UH will have 7 games on TV. Saw another article that says Conference USA intends to televise 55 CUSA games this year on ESPN/CSTV/PAX/I Networks.
Stallion

Re: Good News for Basic Cable Subscribers

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:39 pm

Stallion wrote:SMU at UH would be televised.

That would be good for me cause the Lobos would play their Bi-District game that same day and wouldnt be able to make it down to Houston (and Longview would be playing at home or in Tyler and I know we have PAX)
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Football