PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CSTV - Help.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Again so the SMU fan is supposed to continue to muddle in a sea of misinformation and confusion three weeks before the season. Typical.
Guess its time for Direct TV.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:46 pm

If just 1000 Comcast customers cancel, that means a $600,000 hit to the Comcast pocket book for the year. They'll notice.
EastStang

Postby PonyCat » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:58 pm

Comcast.com says it's available in the "Digital Sports Tier"

http://www.comcast.com/sports/
PonyCat
Junior Varsity

Postby BUS » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:16 pm

I think it is funny that not even the Customer Service people know this information.

The guy wanted to sell me the complete Fox package.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:35 pm

....without question Comcast has CSTV-the issue is whether it is availiable in the area you live in. According to Comcast Dallas' own info it is not listed in Dallas or more specifically my zip code 75248(North Dallas). So I'm not sure that answers the question.
Stallion

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:15 pm

DirecTV was called the day my podunk cable provider announced they were eliminating Food Network (Mrs. SMU Football Blog's favorite channel) and the History Channel (can never get enough WWII documentaries) for home shopping channels (buy more cheap cr@p). Like most of my purchases, Mrs. SMU Football Blog disapproved of the dish at first. Now she can't live without it.

I concede HDTV is lacking on DirecTV compared to Dish Network and cable, but that is supposedly about to change when DirecTV's new satellites go online in the next six months or so.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:53 pm

I have Comcast (tried to get DirectTV for the reasons listed, but my balcony has an obstructed view of the Southern sky). They do list CSTV in their "digital sports tier" although they do not really carry it. I have called many times and most of the operators don't know anything about the channel. Finally I found one who said that they don't carry the network full time, but will sometimes offer their programs on a pay-per-view basis, so they list them on the website. I can't wait til I move and can get rid of cable for good.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football