PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

5 wins=is a reach,4 wins=we should,3 wins=we better or else.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Problem PS, is that his expertise is suppose to be defense and a winless Navy team from the prior year (they beat us and then went on a 10-game losing streak) and some mediocre Rice teams have really taken it to us.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:17 pm

[quote="OldPony"]One minute after Copeland is fired IF the new AD agrees. As far as I am concerned, he is a sightly less than average coach and Copeland giving him the extension was idiotic. No caoches should be fired until Copeland is fired though. We have been in a downward spiral with ever lessening goals since Copeland has been AD. In part, he was the victim but someone has to take responsibility at some point. MANY OF US HAVE LOST Jobs or put our [deleted] on the line for speaking the truth. You'll not catch Big Jim doing anything but kssing Turner's bu&& and toeing the company line which changes almost daily. Let's hear about The Commitment one more time.
Are there still those on this board who think Copeland is the right guy for SMU?

Finally somebody gets it right! Do you remember when I said Charlie Waters would be a great AD. Ya'll let me know when you have had enough of Copeland and want to start acting like a Div.1 program.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:03 am

I said we can beat Rice. We have the talent to do it. Add to that fact that Hatfield is promising a more wide-open and less run oriented offense. Our linebacking and safeties should be the best we've had since Bennett got here. Those two positions are the most important against an option offense. We should be able to stuff the option. I'm sure his defensive schemes over the years have been developed for the normally pass happy WAC. But he ought to be able to adjust to an option offense.

With regard to hiring Charlie Waters as AD, I suspect he knows nothing about women's volleyball, track, swimming, etc. The AD does more than hire a football and basketball coach. He is in charge of the entire athletic program including Title IX compliance, NCAA rules compliance, budgeting for all sports, and fundraising. It is not just a good ole boy gladhanding job as our tenure with Bob Hitch proved. If not on top of things, then things spin out of control and we get to see our friends from the NCAA again.
EastStang

Postby 2112 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:06 am

Plus we will have two weeks to get ready for Rice this year! If we can't beat them this year......................?
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:55 am

I'm pumped for the women's volleyball season!!!!!!!!.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:20 pm

2112 wrote:Plus we will have two weeks to get ready for Rice this year! If we can't beat them this year......................?

We had 2 weeks last year for Fresno State…and lost 42-0
SoCal_Pony

Postby SWC2010 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:38 am

OldPony wrote:EaST-Any reason you think we cxan beat Rice? They have domionated us since Bennett's arrival. He seems to have no clud as to how to stop the option.

Sure. A couple of reasons:

[1] They lost their entire OL;
[2] Hatfield plans to pass, using the shotgun formation, with a running QB.

I like our chances..................
SWC2010
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football