PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ATS Consultants

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ATS Consultants

Postby stein000012 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:40 am

Was suprised to read that ATS Consultants (my favorite preseason magazine) predicted SMU to be tied for 2nd in their CUSA division and would be 6-5 this year. Also, predicted SMU to be one of the top 10 suprise teams of 2005. This magazine is by far the best at prognosticating of all the magaines. I was pretty shocked when I read it.

Thought you all would like to know...
stein000012
Junior Varsity

Postby DiamondM75 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:41 pm

I hope, I hope, I hope.

Wouldn't this be great? And with a little luck, playing for the CUSA championship.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:09 pm

forgive my ignorance, what is ATS Consulting and is it really a reputable rag?
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:30 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:forgive my ignorance, what is ATS Consulting and is it really a reputable rag?
It appears to be a gambler's magazine. Here's a 'review' I found online at the following link: http://preseason.stassen.com/review/ats ... tants.html

Overview: ATS Consultants has good quantity of information, decent "recap" information, and a reasonable price. The main knock is that their recent prediction accuracy is fairly low -- 8th of 11 publications (but that is an improvement over last year's three-year rating). Also, the discussion contains no apparent updates for results of spring football (which is the reason that their 'information quantity' rating has been dropped one star from 4 to 3).

Per-team information: One full page per team, containing a few sentences on each unit, previous three years' game results and pointspreads, and some individual and team statistics.

Per-conference information: one full page. Previous year's standings are given. Also: predicted order of finish with projected overall records, a one-deep all-conference team, and a three-deep "best units" list.

National information: national top 33 ranking with short commentary on each team, Heisman forecast (20 players listed), top 5-15 players per position and top 10 units. A one-deep all-America team is presented, conferences ranked by strength.

Recap (previous year's) information: In each team's section, there is per-game team statistical information (e.g., total rushing yards gained and given up) and scores of the previous year's games with pointspreads. In each conference's section, previous years' standings are given. In the national section, final polls and bowl results are given. At the end, NCAA team and individual statistical rankings are given.

Here's the web site: http://www.atswins.com/
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football