PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Linebackers

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Linebackers

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:01 pm

With the re-stocked LB crew (Lee, Harris, McCray, Nnabuife, Carrington, Cleveland, etc.), is there any chance that Nnabuife might move back to safety?
And who starts out of that group? That's as deep a group as we've had at LB since the mid-'80s, isn't it?
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:30 pm

Normally, I would lean toward going senior-senior-senior with Nnabuife, Lee and Harris. In this case, I'd go for more speed, with McCray or even Cleveland outside.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:58 pm

I think I saw somewhere that Nnabuife was definately staying at linebacker, and that Harris was going to be pushed back to saftey...

As far as it being a deep group, it will definately be better than last year, but I am still concerned about a lack of size on the strong side.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:08 pm

Too many linebackers is like having too much beer.
mrydel

Postby ponydawg » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:33 pm

As in Yahoo I have a lot of beer or like I am going to barf from all this beer.....

beer beer beer, bed bed bed!!!!!
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:37 pm

Having a lot of!!!!!
mrydel

Postby Dooby » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:19 pm

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Wait. What are we talking about?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTales » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:12 pm

JasonB wrote:I think I saw somewhere that Nnabuife was definately staying at linebacker, and that Harris was going to be pushed back to saftey....
REALLY? With Harris's increased size/weight/strength last year, and the fact that he was playing on one healthy knee, I didn't think he had the wheels to play safety again. Where did you read that?
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby giacfsp » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:35 am

Not to go careening wildly back to the subject of football, but I was told yesterday that Avery Cleveland has looked really good in practice. The way it was told to me: "he's going to (mess) some people up this year."
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby huntnfish » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:45 am

I just hope we can get a middle linebacker out of that group to make alot of tackles and tackels for loss- we have been missing that player the last few years after having a very good run of middle linebackers in the mid and late 90's
huntnfish
Varsity

Postby giacfsp » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:48 am

I think DD Lee will be good at the middle spot, but in the long run, I think Carrington might be even better.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Grider » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:52 am

giacfsp wrote:I think DD Lee will be good at the middle spot, but in the long run, I think Carrington might be even better.

Do either Lee or Carrington have the speed to slide to the outside?
Grider
All-American

Postby PonyPride » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:58 am

You know, I've wondered that, too. Carrington is a little bigger, and he's faster, too. But the coaches really like him inside, I think.

My sense is that the starters outside will be Wilton McCray and Alvin Nnabuife -- that's tremendous LB speed. Their backups would be Cleveland and Harris, right?
PonyPride

Return to Football