PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wednesday's Luncheon - Raise a question!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:57 pm

Dooby wrote:Challenging Turner would be kind of funny. The guy raised a friggin' fortune for SMU and SMU is doing academically about as well as it ever has. He's easily the best SMU president since Willis Tate (there's a reference for ya). The guy is bulletproof. And if he gets the Bush library, he'll be able to walk around campus without pants and nobody will care. After the Bush LIbrary, the next thing will be the centennial fundraising campaign. After that, they will be naming buildings after Turner.

And if Cheney gets elected next time, and he can get his library, think how he'd be able to walk around campus being the guy who got the Bush and [deleted] libraries together.
jtstang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:19 pm

You're on a roll jt. :lol:
PK

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:20 pm

Dooby,

Dr Turner is a great President for SMU, I am not disputing that. I also understand that a university is primarily about academics, not athletics. I have an SMU degree in business and am proud of it.

But my question concerning our football program, while tough, is a legitimate one.

I have sat in many a board meeting. Trust me; questions can be a lot harsher than this one, even for people who are bullet-proof.
SoCal_Pony

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:23 pm

PK wrote:You're on a roll jt. :lol:

Thanks, PK, I thought that one was gonna get panned unanimously...
jtstang

Postby Dooby » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:27 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Dooby,

Dr Turner is a great President for SMU, I am not disputing that. I also understand that a university is primarily about academics, not athletics. I have an SMU degree in business and am proud of it.

But my question concerning our football program, while tough, is a legitimate one.

I have sat in many a board meeting. Trust me; questions can be a lot harsher than this one, even for people who are bullet-proof.

Which is why I would direct those questions (nicely) to Dedman, Hunt and to Ford, who really are the only ones that can make Turner sweat.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dooby » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:32 pm

jtstang wrote:
Dooby wrote:Challenging Turner would be kind of funny. The guy raised a friggin' fortune for SMU and SMU is doing academically about as well as it ever has. He's easily the best SMU president since Willis Tate (there's a reference for ya). The guy is bulletproof. And if he gets the Bush library, he'll be able to walk around campus without pants and nobody will care. After the Bush LIbrary, the next thing will be the centennial fundraising campaign. After that, they will be naming buildings after Turner.

And if Cheney gets elected next time, and he can get his library, think how he'd be able to walk around campus being the guy who got the Bush and [deleted] libraries together.

Cheney's library or papers would likely be located at the Univ. of Wyoming, where he received his B.A. and M.A., where he grew up and was a congressman for 11 years. More importantly, from a constitutional perspective, it is where he is registered to vote as the President and Vice President cannot be from the same state.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PK » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:09 pm

Dooby...lighten up. I think that one just went sailing over your head. :roll:
PK

Postby BrianTinBigD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:30 pm

I am more of a Bush fan so I would love to get Bush. Who couln't use a little Bush.

[deleted] is not my thing, so Wyoming is a much better location for [deleted], however I would not be surprised to see [deleted] in the Bay Area.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:34 pm

PK wrote:Dooby...lighten up. I think that one just went sailing over your head. :roll:

Aw hell, I learned something. I didn't know a president and vice president couldn't be from the same state. I guess I slept through High School Gov't. The only thing I remember was our gov't teacher showing us the the "I'm Just a Bill" cartoon from School House Rocks.
Grider
All-American

Previous

Return to Football