PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

News

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

News

Postby MustangMatt » Tue Aug 08, 2000 9:44 pm

If you PonyFans look at the "In the News" section on the homepage, you will notice several articles from the Dallas Morning News. I think SMU is getting a lot more press than past years. I don't know if it is because of Rana Cash--the new writer whom I think has done a great job--or the addition of Ford Stadium and all the excitement.

Whatever the reason, I hope it keeps up!

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Re: News

Postby MustangMatt » Tue Aug 08, 2000 9:46 pm

Also, here is a link to a release on information regarding Ford Stadium. Everyone attending games should read this. <A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/football/gameday.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smumustangs.com/football/gameday.asp</A>

This can also be found on the "In the News" section of the homepage.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!

[This message has been edited by MustangMatt (edited 08-08-2000).]
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby Red+BlueDude » Wed Aug 09, 2000 10:33 am

I highly doubt Rana has anything to do with how much ink gets into the paper. She writes and files her story -- just as Jodie did before her, and the rest of the other beat writers -- but it is the editors who determine what gets into the paper and how big the stories will be.

Whatever the reason, thanks to the Dallas Morning News -- this is a great time for SMU, with an exiting team and a beautiful stadium. The future looks great -- be a great hometown paper and continue the increased coverage of Dallas' home team! (I read your paper every day on-line looking for SMU info. Keep it coming.)
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Aug 09, 2000 1:02 pm

I think the DMN is also doing great. I give PonyFans.com credit, though. I don't waste time in the sports section on DallasNews.com anymore. I just check out the PonyFans.com "In the News" section.

Keep up the good work PonyFans.com and DMN.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby MustangStealth » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:09 pm

Remember this day...
SMU -11

WOW
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby KnuckleStang » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:29 pm

-11. Gracious goodness...Hope we make them look smart.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangStealth » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:55 am

I don't know how my reply ended up in this thread. I posted in the one where someone asked for the spread on the UTEP game.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football