PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Adami to take some snaps at QB

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby rich_alum » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:54 pm

Thanks for asking EdP. From what I hear rush is going great. 10 early commitments this year......9 have SUV's and 4 of whom have ranches in W. Texas.......and its only September.

Bennett may want to leverage the talents of Hugg, myself, and several other distinguished PDT members on how to recruit. Maybe I'll send him and some of the assistant coaches a copy of my book: "Rich Alum, Why I Rule The World" a follow up to my best seller "Damn I'm Handsome"

Hugg was in Las Vegas this weekend. He had a lot of jack on that guy De La Hoya fought, so I imagine he surrounded himself with some professionals for the remainder of the night.
rich_alum
Junior Varsity

Re:

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:33 pm

JasonB wrote:...it is hard to judge. The D line held its own. We are suspect at linebacker, and that kills you against the run. I believe that against much less competition than we have faced, we will firmly control both sides of the line. That goes a long way towards winning a football game.

Also, we will be playing a smaller team, and our speed will really be able to come out be more evident.

We are young offensively, and will still turn the ball over, which will keep the score down. But I think SMU wins this football game, 30-14

I hope you are right but SJSU does not sound like a smaller team from what Bennett's comments were today at the PC.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:10 pm

bigger != better. SJSU line doesn't compare to any line we have faced thus far. The Tech and OSU lines are two of the best in the country.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Hurray! It is the real RA. Sick'em

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:49 pm

RA does indeed rule. Damn, he's handsome. Welcome back. Give Paul a hugg. Let's liven up this board some more.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:08 am

Bennett should stick with CP.. Stallion has been dead on with his analysis of late. We always give up on our QB's.. CP needs confidence.. and a couple solid years to develop.. unfortunately, Bennett has enormous pressure on him to WIN NOW.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re:

Postby PonyFan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:16 am

JasonB wrote:bigger != better. SJSU line doesn't compare to any line we have faced thus far. The Tech and OSU lines are two of the best in the country.

Tech has one of the best D-lines? Adell Duckett is a stud, but the rest off them seem pretty average.
PonyFan
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football