PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs UNT announced

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs UNT announced

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:surely, I am not the first person to notice that SMU has agreed to play UNT in 2006 in Denton and at Ford in 2007. Where is our Green friend?

Bring out the co-eds! It's showtime!;)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:45 pm

The coeds at Texas Women's University and UNT don't compare to our coeds at SMU. This contest will EASILY be won by the Mustangs!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:47 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:The coeds at Texas Women's University and UNT don't compare to our coeds at SMU. This contest will EASILY be won by the Mustangs!

W-R-O-N-G ! ! ! ! ! :)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby BUS » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:54 pm

Those are not REAL women at Texas Womens University.
Watch out.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:10 pm

I agree this is a series that should be played, if not EVERY YEAR like TCU, then at least on a rotating basis with Baylor (if we could get that arrangement). I still like the idea of a Metroplex Mayors' Trophy with SMU/TCU/UNT playing each other and the trophy going to anyone who can sweep the series. Games with these 3 schools are good for 25,000 crowds and have minimal travel expenses.
Charleston Pony

Re:

Postby JayM » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:46 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I agree this is a series that should be played, if not EVERY YEAR like TCU, then at least on a rotating basis with Baylor (if we could get that arrangement). I still like the idea of a Metroplex Mayors' Trophy with SMU/TCU/UNT playing each other and the trophy going to anyone who can sweep the series. Games with these 3 schools are good for 25,000 crowds and have minimal travel expenses.

Careful CP talking sense can get ya in trouble :roll:
JayM
Scout Team

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:37 pm

Let's see...2006. Our plan is for that to be the year all of our prospects blossom & come full circle. How nice would it be if something actually came to fruition...the offense clicks, the defense resembles a Bennett defense & Darrell Dickey is standing with his arms crossed at the wrong end of a 52-3 whipping?

A guy can dream, can't he?
RGV Pony

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:55 pm

BUS wrote:Those are not REAL women at Texas Womens University.
Watch out.

TWU: Where men are men and women are too. :lol:
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby Diamond Girl » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:16 pm

MGG, you shouldn't have opened the door on that one. You better duck - the stuff is going to hit the fan now. :roll:
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby SWC2010 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:51 pm

Playing UNT for 2 years is a no brainer. It should be a "W". If we can't beat 'em-- perhaps it's time to join D-II.

But with that W in 2006, Northwestern & Wake offer a reasonable 'chance' to open 3-0. Who cares about the $$ side (attendance) when you have a shot to enter conference @ 3-0.

Recruits come to winning programs... Fans attend winning programs... He!!, current SMU students might even attend the games.
SWC2010
Heisman

Re:

Postby JayM » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:56 pm

SWC2010 wrote:Playing UNT for 2 years is a no brainer. It should be a "W". If we can't beat 'em-- perhaps it's time to join D-II.

But with that W in 2006, Northwestern & Wake offer a reasonable 'chance' to open 3-0. Who cares about the $$ side (attendance) when you have a shot to enter conference @ 3-0.

Recruits come to winning programs... Fans attend winning programs... He!!, current SMU students might even attend the games.

What D-II conference do you plan on joining? :lol:
JayM
Scout Team

Re:

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:58 pm

MeanGreenGem wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:The coeds at Texas Women's University and UNT don't compare to our coeds at SMU. This contest will EASILY be won by the Mustangs!

MGM: How many UNT coeds and/or alumni have been featured in Playboy Magazine and how many SMU coeds and/or alumni have been featured in Playboy Magazine? I rest my case.
MrMustang1965

Re:

Postby SWC2010 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:23 am

JayM wrote:
SWC2010 wrote:Playing UNT for 2 years is a no brainer. It should be a "W". If we can't beat 'em-- perhaps it's time to join D-II.

What D-II conference do you plan on joining? :lol:

WOW, JM, that's making a big assumption...

Hmmm, if such tragedy would occur, I guess that would be a "SunBelt-type Conference", wouldn't it? 8)
SWC2010
Heisman

Re:

Postby overcusser » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:50 am

MrMustang1965 wrote:
MeanGreenGem wrote:

MGM: How many UNT coeds and/or alumni have been featured in Playboy Magazine and how many SMU coeds and/or alumni have been featured in Playboy Magazine? I rest my case.

I have no idea how many UNT coeds/alumni have appeared in Playboy, obviously you must think SMU must have had more. I do know that UNT has produced quite a few Miss Texas' and at least one Miss America.... So what does that say, I guess that both school are blessed with a fair share of beauties but the SMUers are more disposed to take off there clothes for public viewing........CLASSY
overcusser
Junior Varsity

Re:

Postby PK » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:59 am

FYI According to the report in this mornings paper, both Wake and Northwestern have been removed from our future schedules.
PK

PreviousNext

Return to Football