PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Impact Fosh?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:34 pm

I've seen many examples of kids with 3.6 or 3.8 GPAs who bombed the SAT or ACT or who were involved in the Playoffs and didn't take these tests under January or February for the first time or a kid who flunked a core course but otherwise is a good student. Who cares if they qualify by August 1 rather than February 3?. Our opponents sure don't.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Scoops » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:42 pm

Impact freshman: Chase Smith
Scoops
All-American

Postby Hilltopper » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:32 pm

Emmanuel Sanders
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Pony Up » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Has nobody on this list mentioned Columbus Givens?
PonyFans, I've seen him. He is something to behold when he gets running in the open field. Givens is a big play waiting to happen almost every time he touches the ball.
Pony Up
All-American

Re: Impact Fosh?

Postby Hal » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:28 am

Actually, Givens was mentioned in several earlier posts. Hope he's as good as advertised.

Charleston Pony wrote:Including the redshirts, of course...are any frosh likely to contribute this year? ....
Did Cortley Blackmon redshirt last year? I watched a couple of practices when I was in town last fall, and was really impressed. He caught everything thrown at him (he was at WR last year, but has moved back to CB this year, I think) and ran really well. Good speed, and terrific acceleration.

I'd also like to see Kyle Griffin get some playing time. The word on him that I've heard is that he's a high-motor guy who can really run. He'll get overwhelmed sometimes, I'm sure, by bigger OTs. But we really need more pressure out of the DEs. And the DTs. And the LBs. And ....
Hal
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football