PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Road Games You Will Attend..

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:49 am

Bergermeister wrote:I suppose one could have said the same of the Cotton Bowl and its locale. However, in SMU's most recent stint there, the fans AND the gangstas stayed away, making it pretty safe.

Legion Field's locale is pretty comparable to the area Fair Park is in.

I will try to make the UH game, though I said the same about the Rice game last year and ended up not being able to make it.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:00 am

I will heading from the Cincinnati area for the Marshall game. Should be a blast. By the way, can I buy tickets through SMU for the game?
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby WorldStang » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:47 am

Yes.. tickets are now available to Mustang Insiders.. if you get that email. Or.. just wait until Aug. 1.. all home and away games can be purchased through the SMU ticket office at that time.
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby that's great raplh » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:59 pm

although i've yet to make it back to dallas to see a game at our new stadium - i will be goign tot he UAB game - ghetto or no
that's great raplh

Postby MattofUAB » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:17 am

Legion Field is not in the best part of town, but it is vewry safe on gameday with a large police presence including a police station at the stadium. It's really not all that bad of a pregame expereince do mainly to the stadium being so oversized for our needs. There is plenty of parking and plenty of room to tailgate. Dreamland, a popular Rib joint, is about 4 miles from the stadium if you want to try some local food on gameday.
MattofUAB

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:50 am

MattofUAB wrote:Legion Field is not in the best part of town, but it is vewry safe on gameday with a large police presence including a police station at the stadium. It's really not all that bad of a pregame expereince do mainly to the stadium being so oversized for our needs. There is plenty of parking and plenty of room to tailgate. Dreamland, a popular Rib joint, is about 4 miles from the stadium if you want to try some local food on gameday.

Exactly. It's not in Hoover (or any of the other suburbs) but you need not worry about safety. Kindof like the Cotton Bowl. It isn't in the Bubble or in the suburbs, but it was safe to go down there at gameday.
CalallenStang

Postby BUTitan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:01 pm

MattofUAB wrote:Legion Field is not in the best part of town, but it is vewry safe on gameday with a large police presence including a police station at the stadium. It's really not all that bad of a pregame expereince do mainly to the stadium being so oversized for our needs. There is plenty of parking and plenty of room to tailgate. Dreamland, a popular Rib joint, is about 4 miles from the stadium if you want to try some local food on gameday.

Yes, I thought the pre-game was fun. Plus, there were alot of cops but I still didnt feel safe. Maybe it was the because of the gangsta that was making fun of BU 2 rows ahead of me :D .
BUTitan
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football