PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who is making the trip to collie station?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:19 pm

the SMU section is in the THIRD deck behind the goalpost!!! Then A$M will rip SMU for not sending many fans to sit a mile and a half above the field, with no shade, on a 95 degree day, for an 11:30am kick-off!!! frickin' aggies!!!
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:00 am

I was looking at tickets through atm and there are some better seats available but they won't be in the SMU section then. I don't mind giving aggies a hard time though. :D There will be two of us from the Austin area making the game.
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:53 am

PonyFanSweetie wrote:I was looking at tickets through atm and there are some better seats available but they won't be in the SMU section then. I don't mind giving aggies a hard time though. :D There will be two of us from the Austin area making the game.

I am not in the Austin area yet... but will be, then. Have no fear PonyFanSweetie! The Austin area shall be well represented!!!!

(I don't know, folks... was that a little too theatrically over the top? ... well, uh, yeah... whatever.......)
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

umm...

Postby BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:58 pm

the only GA tickets we have for visitors are at the very top of the stadium or in the corners on the first deck... what do you expect when we sell 70,000 season tickets every year???

And don't blame A&M for the kickoff time... blame the f'ing Big XII TV contract. The original gametime was 7 pm until TV picked it up. Damn you Fox Sports.
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie
Scout Team

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:57 pm

I'm actually happy about the game time...I can make the SMU game and the Texas game both in the same day.
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:11 pm

/\ That's we'll be doing, most likely.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:25 pm

I know I'll probably get some flack about this, but I will be watching from my living room with a screwdriver or 12. I do plan to have some A&M friends over, but I can always kick them out if it starts to get too ugly.
Grider
All-American

Postby BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:09 pm

i'm pissed about the gametime. It limits tailgating before the game greatly.
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie
Scout Team

Postby SmooPower » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:41 pm

I am going, hoorah.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:51 pm

BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie wrote:i'm pissed about the gametime. It limits tailgating before the game greatly.

Me too, I was really looking forward to taking you up on your offer to come to your tailgate. C'est la vie... I don't think I'll be getting up before sunrise just for beer.

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:20 pm

I will be watching the game on TV in Dallas at a local watering hole that is 'Mustang-friendly'. Anyone have some suggestions on which one might be best? I'm considering driving to Addison and watching the game on their HUGE TVs at Champ's...although I'm sure I'll have to listen to a bunch of Aggies in the restaurant/bar, too.

I originally was going to try and be at both the SMU v. aTm game (11 a.m. kick-off, College Station) and the Sam Houston State v. Texas Tech game (6 p.m. kick-off, Lubbock) but it's just not feasible.

GO MUSTANGS! BEAT BAYLOR! BEAT TCU! BEAT A&M!
MrMustang1965

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:23 pm

MM65... might I suggest Milo Butterfinger's?

They have a nice little HD set (actually it's huge) in front of their seating area. That's the first place I think of when I think "SMU Friendly"...

ThadFilms

Postby BUS » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:34 pm

If we win the first two games - I'm going.

With 13 and 14 year old girls at home, my traveling and planning are tied to other schedules. One firm law at my house. Home games are a must attend. Now that they are older the sad part is they are liking the boy type eye candy.
Oh crap my life is getting complicated. Glad my father was a gun dealer and I have plenty of weapons at home. :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:37 pm

BUS wrote:If we win the first two games - I'm going.

With 13 and 14 year old girls at home, my traveling and planning are tied to other schedules. One firm law at my house. Home games are a must attend. Now that they are older the sad part is they are liking the boy type eye candy.
Oh crap my life is getting complicated. Glad my father was a gun dealer and I have plenty of weapons at home. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Jesus, 13 AND 14?? Do you own stock in Macallan?
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:52 pm

LonghornFan68 wrote:
BUS wrote:If we win the first two games - I'm going.

Jesus, 13 AND 14?? Do you own stock in Macallan?
I got ya beat...I'm now a stepfather to TWIN 12-year olds! :roll: Thank the football gods, they love the Mustangs! :D
MrMustang1965

PreviousNext

Return to Football