PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I don't care

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:13 am

^That was so funny, TxSt06... or whatever your name is! Hahaha-freakin'-ha!!! Our Lobo-lovin' friend is in high school and he has been on this board for years. I know for a fact (from his statements) that he doesn't have an older brother that attends this school, plays for this school, etc.... he's just a fan... Does Tx State have ANY fans like that... I mean fans like that that DON'T live in San Marcos? I don't think so.

So don't f with the Mustangs35SMU... we love the Mustangs35SMU. (Even if I/we don't give a "care" about the Lobos.)

-T
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby oakley » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:19 am

oh boy, pillow fight.
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:13 am

TxSt06 wrote:You are moronic and I hope your Longview Lobos or whateve the hell they are called lose every damn game they play. You know why, because they suck and you suck.

Well Im sorry you feel that way. :lol:

But that just aint happenin now. Ranked as high as #1 in the State and #6 in the Nation by TexasHSFootball.com, we're in the running to knock off Southlake Carroll so you can just lift your little hopes of us losing every game they play up. But if you want to see us just watch FSN on October the 6th because we'll be playing Tyler Lee on a National Broadcast :wink:

If I wanted to be a fan any other college I could. One of my step brothers goes to LSU. My other step brother and step sister both attend UT. All of friends are going to go to UT (from what I've heard). SMU is my school of choice. I love the Dallas area. I love the small school type. Whether people on this board like me or not, Im still going to want to go to Southern Methodist University.

Whether you're DI-AA or DII, doesnt really matter to me. You're still not on the same level as us. Not saying you couldnt beat us, cause stranger things have happened. But if we dont blow you guys out next season, Dear God help this program.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby JudgeChamber » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:21 am

Mustangs35SMU wrote:
TxSt06 wrote:You are moronic and I hope your Longview Lobos or whateve the hell they are called lose every damn game they play. You know why, because they suck and you suck.

Well Im sorry you feel that way. :lol:

But that just aint happenin now. Ranked as high as #1 in the State and #6 in the Nation by TexasHSFootball.com, we're in the running to knock off Southlake Carroll so you can just lift your little hopes of us losing every game they play up. But if you want to see us just watch FSN on October the 6th because we'll be playing Tyler Lee on a National Broadcast :wink:

If I wanted to be a fan any other college I could. One of my step brothers goes to LSU. My other step brother and step sister both attend UT. All of friends are going to go to UT (from what I've heard). SMU is my school of choice. I love the Dallas area. I love the small school type. Whether people on this board like me or not, Im still going to want to go to Southern Methodist University.

Whether you're DI-AA or DII, doesnt really matter to me. You're still not on the same level as us. Not saying you couldnt beat us, cause stranger things have happened. But if we dont blow you guys out next season, Dear God help this program.

Great post.

BTW. almost all of my East Texas friends are from Longview and I've become a fan of the Lobos.
JudgeChamber
Scout Team

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:35 am

JudgeChamber wrote:almost all of my East Texas friends are from Longview and I've become a fan of the Lobos.

Good deal! :wink: Hoping we can bring home that State crown this year. As long as we beat Lufkin I'll be happy :lol:
Mustangs35SMU

Postby abezontar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:56 pm

nm
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BrianTinBigD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:03 pm

TxSt06 wrote:
Mustangs35SMU wrote:Sorry about that one. Thought you were one of those Texas State people. Which I still dont understand why they are over here. We have no history.

I dont have a problem with Baylor fans coming over here. I do have a problem with Texas State people coming over here trying to talk smack to us when...

1. They're a freakin DII school
2. They've never faced us
3. We had a MUCH more successful football program in DI than they have had.

Get a [deleted] CLUE!!! It's not DII, its DI-AA. You are moronic and I hope your Longview Lobos or whateve the hell they are called lose every damn game they play. You know why, because they suck and you suck.

Now it is gonna get ugly. It appears that TxSt06 has disparaged the name of the Longview Lobos. One of the major powers in East Texas with Lufkin, Tyler Lee, and Tyler John Tyler, Longview has won a championship in 1937sand appeared in the state finals in 1997. They also have 16 district championships in the last 35 years. Not bad for a team that plays in a district that has 4 other former state champs in it. Before you start bashing Longviewr please state your HS affiliation. Then we can have the HS debate. Also, unless you are a Plano, Converse Judson, Permian, Midland Lee, or other recent powerhouse in 5A be prepared to defend yourself. Texans don't take to kindly from graduates of [deleted] ant high schools that can't play talking smack.

As for Texas State, it is known as a party school. There is no questioning that. It is also considered a good alternative if you cannot get into UT. It is a state school that is on par with SFA, SHS, Lamar, and North Texas State. I am sure that you can get a fine education there just like most of the teaching colleges in this state. Some even make it bigtime(Tech is one) and North Texas is considered a step up. Despite the name change you are really no different than the directional schools in Mighigan or Louisiana(who have also tried to hide their names). You have selected a great school to become a teacher, nurse, cop, or many hundreds of countless jobs that are needed to be filled by college graduates.

What we can only assume is that you selected SwTxSt because your SAT/ACT scores were not good enough to get into the major State schools and if that is the case then you are definitely not SMU(or Rice, Baylor, TCU) material either. All the money in the world will not get you into SMU if you are a [deleted] even if you have money(or mommy and daddy does). So please go back to your trailer park and say hi to the Texas Tech fans from Dooby.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:33 pm

BrianTinBigD wrote:Now it is gonna get ugly. It appears that TxSt06 has disparaged the name of the Longview Lobos. One of the major powers in East Texas with Lufkin, Tyler Lee, and Tyler John Tyler, Longview has won a championship in 1937sand appeared in the state finals in 1997. They also have 16 district championships in the last 35 years. Not bad for a team that plays in a district that has 4 other former state champs in it. Before you start bashing Longviewr please state your HS affiliation. Then we can have the HS debate. Also, unless you are a Plano, Converse Judson, Permian, Midland Lee, or other recent powerhouse in 5A be prepared to defend yourself. Texans don't take to kindly from graduates of [deleted] ant high schools that can't play talking smack.

Amen to that! Not to mention for Longview, 30 winning seasons in the past 33 years. *two thumbs up*
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Dooby » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:36 pm

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:02 pm

Found a photo of TxSt06 in the Bobkitties yearbook! He was valedictorian!

MrMustang1965

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:34 pm

Naaah, that ain't him. He he only has 2 teeth. Well, maybe if this was his HS picture, and he uses a dentist from the TX St. School of Dentisting.

Hey Mustangs35SMU, Sounds like that nationally televised Lobo game
with Tyler Lee is a done deal, and offical now? Thanks for doing game
play by play on your Lobo website. I'll probably be using that for a few
games this season.

GO LOBOS!
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:09 pm

It's close to be done. I've heard it'll be offical in early September.

I'll be practicing the PBP on Saturday vs Lufkin (the scrimmage) to see how it goes. Hopefully good.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby BUTitan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 pm

Yeah, them D1-AA folks get mad when you call them DII. But dont you here as much if not more about Pittsburg State football as you do TXSt. football :?:
BUTitan
Varsity

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:18 pm

Mustangs35SMU wrote:It close to be doing. I've heard it'll be offical in early September.

I'll be practicing the PBP on Saturday vs Lufkin (the scrimmage) to see how it goes. Hopefully good.

What time is that game supposed to be?
Grider
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:25 pm

Right now the game is set for Longview @ Tyler Lee on Friday, October 7th, at 7:30 PM

If the TV were to take place it would be the same thing just a day earlier on Thursday, October the 6th. Still at 7:30 PM
Mustangs35SMU

PreviousNext

Return to Football