PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

An olive branch

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:38 pm

/\ hornfans has popups (which can be blocked if you know how to tweak Firefox) because there is so much traffic on the site that it it's own dedicated server and connection.

I know the owners of the site personally and they make no money off the site, in fact they lose money. The reason the site is "censored" is because players and recruits read it and they don't want something said on Hornfans to negatively impact the recruiting process. Anyway, if you don't like it, fine. There are about 2000 other users at any given moment, so there's no shortage of conversation.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:46 pm

I know Robert and Katie also. I think Robert is a real stand up guy and he has done a good job. I think Katie is a bit too much to handle. We have similar rules on BOFZ about where to discuss certain topics, ie recruits, etc, but for the most part you can say Greg Davis should be fired and not get banned. Hornfans runs really slow on my computer most of the time because it's too much traffic and they haven't upgraded their bandwith to accomodate it. Their away game tailgates are fun, but I prefer Burnt Orange Fan Zone for real longhorn discussions. You should check it out too. Since hornfans claims to not make money(though I have heard otherwise from Katie's mouth personally) they won't mind if you check out another message board. :wink:
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyte » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:52 pm

LonghornFan68 very up front says he will devour our souls and he has. We now have an entire thread devoted to the best teasip fan site. :twisted:
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:18 pm

BTW, for Firefox users, here's a handy tip to ward off those pesky popups: http://www.petebevin.com/archives/2005/ ... opups.html
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:18 pm

:lol: It will be ok they are just message boards...
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:53 pm

ponyte wrote:LonghornFan68 very up front says he will devour our souls and he has. We now have an entire thread devoted to the best teasip fan site. :twisted:
No sh*t! What's wrong with this picture? Many of ya'll were yelling & screaming at the TSU3 & SHSU fans last week when they were posting here...but now the Horns are over here acting like they're our 'buddies' and talking about their fans & sites and everyone's ready to put their arms around each other and sing "Kumbayah"! Let's get this straight: the only good Longhorn is one that is strung up, gutted and ready to barbeque on the nearest grille. And I haven't seen a burnt orange fan yet (in person) who won't go out of their way to look down upon SMU and its fans. To hell with 'em and their sites and their teams...GO MUSTANGS!
MrMustang1965

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:09 pm

/\ You have a really narrow view of the world, don't you?
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:37 pm

LonghornFan68 wrote:/\ You have a really narrow view of the world, don't you?
^ No...it's pretty wide. I just have a deep hatred for the U.T. Longhorns and its fans. There's a reason but I won't bore you with the details.
MrMustang1965

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:42 pm

/\ Eh, whatever. If all that nonesense makes you sleep better at night, then you can have it.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:26 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote: And I haven't seen a burnt orange fan yet (in person) who won't go out of their way to look down upon SMU and its fans. To hell with 'em and their sites and their teams...GO MUSTANGS!

It might have been like that back in the day, but I have never experienced that from a Horns fan. I haven't seen any talk badly about SMU on this site yet. Texas State fans, aggys, and a few baylor people, yes, but not any longhorn fans.
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:02 am

MM1965 reminds me of this movie i saw years ago as a kid. it had some peter sellers type character who didn't know the war was over (WWII perhaps?) and everyone kept telling him "the war is over" but he thought they were speaking a foreign language and kept on wanting to fight.

does anyone remember that movie? hadn't thought about it in years until i saw MM1965's post.

and to MM1965: you can certainly spew venom at the horns if you wish, just as i can pull for the ponies and the horns and still get a good night's sleep. free country and all that. but man, slip some decaf in every once in a while for your own sake.
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:07 am

exactly the term "SMU Mustangs" isn't even in UT's vocabulary athletically anymore. That battle was lost a LONG LONG time ago. Its just stupid to act like we are some big rivals today-we ain't in the same league.
Stallion

Postby WorldStang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:32 am

I post on Hornfans.com and have always been a Longhorn fan. Alot of family went there.. so I've grown up being with a twinge of Orange mixed in with Red/Blue.

The Message board at hornfans.com is extremely entertaining, very witty and diverse. They love their school and I have no problem with a few Orangebloods coming to our board supporting our school. You realize that what they're doing right? They've stated their fans and wish us well.. opposed to some of the flamers from San Marcos and others I dare not mention.

I would also like to mention that for the most part, the posters on Hornfans.com are cordial to a guy with the name "SMUMustang" posting on their board. Many want us to do well.

So have your own opinions about Texas.. but I for one would love to see them do well and dominate the Big 12. That's just me.. I know others hate Texas with the same passion I dislike A$M and BlowU.

Have a good Friday..
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:34 am

Stallion wrote:exactly the term "SMU Mustangs" isn't even in UT's vocabulary athletically anymore. That battle was lost a LONG LONG time ago. Its just stupid to act like we are some big rivals today-we ain't in the same league.
I know we aren't 'rivals' anymore. :roll: But I can still work against that school by encouraging young men and women to go to SMU (or another school) instead of the one that's in the middle of Austin, TX.

Note to Hoofbeat83: I don't drink coffee. :lol:
MrMustang1965

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:46 am

again SMU has not outrecruited UT in Football at least for a single player in about 15 years
Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Football