PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What's up at DMN?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby WildHorse » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:37 am

2112 wrote:I'm not so sure I agree with "all of the great coverage"? Nothing again today, not even in the brief's section, where they could easily throw us a bone daily. I would like to see some game related stories, the article on Ro Humphrey was basically on how a sophomore in high school, got another fifteen year old pregnant, and is doing what he SHOULD do. I don't think that story will sell many tickets.
I don't think the story was written to sell tickets -- that seems to be the least of the DMN's worries. However, in a day and age when lots of teenagers become parents, I thought it was refreshing to read about one who's balancing football, academics at a very good school and being an obviously caring, responsible father -- and all this while dealing with the way-too-early loss of his best friend. I'm pretty proud of Ro. He sounds pretty remarkable to me.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby 2112 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:57 am

I agree that it was a nice human interest story on Ro, but we are ten day's away from a huge game for SMU, I'm ready for some football stories! By the way, I hear there are way to many tickets left for this game..............like thousands and thousands, let's all do what we can to help the cause!
Heisman

Postby Corso » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:08 am

I've got 8. And they'll be occupied from before kickoff until it's time to celebrate OUR win!
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 pm

WildHorse wrote:I don't think the story was written to sell tickets -- that seems to be the least of the DMN's worries. However, in a day and age when lots of teenagers become parents, I thought it was refreshing to read about one who's balancing football, academics at a very good school and being an obviously caring, responsible father -- and all this while dealing with the way-too-early loss of his best friend. I'm pretty proud of Ro. He sounds pretty remarkable to me.

Ro should know that you put a helmet on that soldier before it goes into combat!!!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:57 pm

I've got 10 and they'll all be occupied. (6 season tickets; 4 end zones)
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:27 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:I've got 10 and they'll all be occupied. (6 season tickets; 4 end zones)

I hope you've got me down for two of those. I'll take the end zone, and just sit on the fifty.
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:29 pm

jtstang wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:I've got 10 and they'll all be occupied. (6 season tickets; 4 end zones)

I hope you've got me down for two of those. I'll take the end zone, and just sit on the fifty.
After all the insults and barbs you've thrown my way over the past few months??????? :roll: Dream on, buddy. Those end zone seats are already occupied as are the season tickets.
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:27 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:
jtstang wrote:

After all the insults and barbs you've thrown my way over the past few months??????? Dream on, buddy. Those end zone seats are already occupied as are the season tickets.

Insults and barbs?? Name twenty-one. Come on...nobody else takes me personally, it's all in fun. Although, I must say, it is my dream to sit with you at the game, and your twin daughters. Especially in eight years.

Actually, I recognize you, so when you are outside the stadium later this year hawking tix for free, I'll take them then. Thanks in advance.
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:39 pm

There will be no money for nothing or tix for free this year!
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:42 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:There will be no money for nothing or tix for free this year!

Come on, you are too big a fan. In the third home game, when we are struggling to fill half the stadium, you'll be out there offering free tix to anyone who will actually use them to get in the stadium, just like last year.
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:44 pm

jtstang wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:There will be no money for nothing or tix for free this year!

Come on, you are too big a fan. In the third home game, when we are struggling to fill half the stadium, you'll be out there offering free tix to anyone who will actually use them to get in the stadium, just like last year.
Betcha I won't. :wink:
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:50 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:Come on, you are too big a fan. In the third home game, when we are struggling to fill half the stadium, you'll be out there offering free tix to anyone who will actually use them to get in the stadium, just like last year.
Betcha I won't. [/quote]
Well, maybe you're not as big a fan as I thought.
jtstang

Postby SWC2010 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:54 pm

jtstang wrote:

-----------

How do we lose to BU??? No passing game without receivers [Nate Cook out; Gettis (hmmm????? How's the weather in SoCal?); Jeffrey (busted hand)...] They better be able to run!

TCU???? Gunn, the QB who gets hurt walking to class? How does he survive the OU Slaughter at Norman OK Opening Day?

So, JT, we can be 2-1 when TooLame comes to town for your Game 4!?!
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby ThadFilms » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:05 am

SWC2010 wrote:TCU???? Gunn, the QB who gets hurt walking to class? How does he survive the OU Slaughter at Norman OK Opening Day?

Beautiful, SWC2010... I just got done posting the same sentiments.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:23 am

jtstang wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:Come on, you are too big a fan. In the third home game, when we are struggling to fill half the stadium, you'll be out there offering free tix to anyone who will actually use them to get in the stadium, just like last year.
Betcha I won't.

Well, maybe you're not as big a fan as I thought.
Oh, I'm BIG! :wink: And I'll be bringing 'guests' with me to each game so there will be no need to offer 'em up for free outside of Ford Stadium.
MrMustang1965

PreviousNext

Return to Football