PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

hope for the future

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: hope for the future

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:40 am

I'll tell you this...Vic Viloria thinks of Bennett as a father figure. He loves him. So do the rest of his players. There was sine friction between Bennett and some of his underachieving players in two-a-days...I can attest to that. However, they realized that he was coaching them and trying to prepare them. After the Navy game, many of them realized that he was right. Coach took the blame, and the players rallied around him. Ever since, I don't think you can find one player that doesn't respect and admire Bennett. Even after all the losses, he's managed to inspire his kids and they've worked harder at every practice to get better. NO ONE can tell me otherwise because I've been in a position that only a handful of other people have. When you've worked for the team, you'd understand. Unless you've interacted with the players and coaches and support staff on a daily basis as I have, you have no authority on this subject. Sorry!

[This message has been edited by SMUStudent06 (edited 10-26-2002).]

Previous

Return to Football