PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

which game do you see smu having a better chance of winning

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: which game do you see smu having a better chance of winning

Postby WreckEm16 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:42 am

Alright 65, how about this: if you think you can win all of those games, which team will you beat the worst (#1) and which game will be the closest (#4)?

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WreckEm16:
<B>Alright 65, how about this: if you think you can win all of those games, which team will you beat the worst (#1) and which game will be the closest (#4)?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's better! Here ya go! And I don't 'think' we can win them...I KNOW we can win them! ("On any given Saturday...")

#1: Baylor
#2: TCU
#3: Tech
#4: Okie St.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!

[This message has been edited by MrMustang1965 (edited 07-24-2003).]
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:30 am

We should have a shot against Tech and Baylor. However, there is a great chance for an 0-4 start as well.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby BornRed&Blue » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:25 am

And there is every chance that we could go 4-0 ! ! ! It's always November before even great teams really read their opponents. AND, no team has really seen Coach Bennett work with a team that he has recruited. I'm banking on last year being Bennett's "hide and watch" year, and this year will be his "coming out party" ! ! ! Show 'em what we've got, Coach Bennett ! ! !
If you can't be a Mustang, marry one !
BornRed&Blue
Junior Varsity

Postby OldPony » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:16 am

OP is tired of the blathering over Bennett. He MAY be a great coach- he didn't show ANY improvement over Cavan last year. In fact, I don't remmeber a secondary which tackled so poorly. He MAY be a great recruiter. Cavan had some outstanding recruits but couldn't keep them. He MAY be turning around the program but there are still recruiting restrictions other successful programs don't have to put up (programs that are academically and athletically superior).I am glad Cavan's gone and Bennett has reewed the feeling that we can win. I am optimistic that things are going in the right direction but results show on the field. There we ain't seen nothin' yet.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:24 pm

I think I was a little concerned although not really surprised that the world renowned Bennett's defense actually performed worse than (in order not to start an argument) Schumann's defense with pretty equal talent. I wasn't surprised because as I've said a million times Schumann is one of the most underrated coordinators in the game-every bit the equal to Bennett- and you hire the coordinator to run the show and the modern head coaches role is much different. I'll let the offensive situation alone, which was also worse last year, because of the QB talent last year although Bennett did "run 2 QBs off" which was the criticism of Cavan. People who complain about injuries hurting the team are really bitchin' about poor recruiting since there must not have been sufficient depth to recover from the injury.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:43 pm

This familiar tune brought to you by the guy who's publicly admitted he'd rather the Mustangs lose than have to admit he's wrong about anything.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Previous

Return to Football