PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Give Stallion a break...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Give Stallion a break...

Postby fbdad » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:43 pm

Stallion was a loyal Mustang Maniac until it fell on its a** back in Dec. He moved to PF and in fact went back to Maniacs for a short time when he took umbrage with of my posts against his constant tirade about the lack of talent on the team.
fbdad
Junior Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:59 pm

Hell, look at my # of posts.. I registered last year. Of course, most of those posts are pure crap or me insulting various people on the board.

Go Stallion.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:22 pm

Some people predict success because they believe in the power of positive thinking. I'm one of those people. Others, like Stallion, would rather not be disappointed over and over, so they choose not to pump things up, and when we finally do win, it's a pleasant surprise. It's not a big deal. Is he occasionally informative? Yes. Is he abrasive? Yes. Is he very, very negative? More often than not. Is he a fan? I would have to say yes, since (I hear, I don't know the guy) he hasn't missed a home game since the Ulysses Grant administration. To me, that's still a fan, rude or whatever. If he wasn't a fan, I don't think he would bother to show up for games.

I actually enjoy his posts, he's a hoot. Especially when he gets all mad. Livens up the board.

I don't think guys like him are unique to this board. Ever go look at Killerfrogs? I'm a confessed "sunshiner," but I think it takes all kinds to make a world, as Roger Miller would say. Doom and gloom doesn't have to be confined to the mustang maniacs.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby fbdad » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:46 pm

UNF, I thought your recent decision to quit the board was one of,if not,your best posts.I was truly sorry to see you return and continue posting as you do. You'd probably be more comfortable with the Maniacs....along with Stallion...
fbdad
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football